• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch kit for 9r?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I've had his stuff on my turbo before. Lost too much bottom end and snappiness for me to do it again. I sure would love to have the top end pull and bottom end snappiness, but it seems like you need to pick one or the other.
Buy a gen5 turbo r then

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I've had his stuff on my turbo before. Lost too much bottom end and snappiness for me to do it again. I sure would love to have the top end pull and bottom end snappiness, but it seems like you need to pick one or the other.
You can have both. Just have to buy a Ski Doo 🤣

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So your saying, TRS clutching lacks bottom end?:unsure:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

So your saying, TRS clutching lacks bottom end?:unsure:
It’s just part of the non adjustable weight trade off.

With Indy specialty weights you can tune the bottom end snap separately from the top end squeeze.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It’s just part of the non adjustable weight trade off.

With Indy specialty weights you can tune the bottom end snap separately from the top end squeeze.
This is incorrect. So add 20-30 lbs of start force to the primary spring. Its called tuning. Adjustable weights are not necessary.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I enjoy watching guys who ride a 3k and guys who ride at 10k+ argue about what works best top vs bottom end. The power curve on the sleds is so wildly different in each environment what works vs not is entirely different.

A 9r at 10k has less bottom end then a 600 at sea level😂

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I enjoy watching guys who ride a 3k and guys who ride at 10k+ argue about what works best top vs bottom end. The power curve on the sleds is so wildly different in each environment what works vs not is entirely different.

A 9r at 10k has less bottom end then a 600 at sea level😂
How bouts ya offer some info that people can use or stfu?
put that that in yer pipe and smoke it haha

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
All the aftermarket kits will probably be better than stock now that they've had ample time to develop around the 9R.

Presumably Burandt, Ibexx, Bikeman, SLP would all give you adjustable options and gains for $450-600 on a complete kit. But that doesn't answer your question on which kit to buy. It is worth asking yourself if you want to tinker and/or if adjustable weights are important to your zone changes or not.

I found the stock 9R clutching to be acceptable last season, and am at least going to start with stock again this year and see if it is similar and get a sense for whether the mapping has changed since the stock high elevation setup appears to be identical.

As most have said, ask your dealer or a good dealer in the zone you're intending to ride for a recommendation. Lots of options and most will probably be solid.

No matter what you run, keep those belts and sheaves very clean, and blow the dust out regularly. On the poos I replace primary springs every 400-500mi, and belts shortly thereafter. Always blows my mind when guys run dirty clutches, smoked belts and old springs and wonder why they aren't getting peak performance with all the other doo dads they've bolted on.

Premium Features