• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Noisy recoil handle on 9R

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I know in the grand scheme of things that can go wrong, this seems minor but here it goes. My new 23 9R makes the most annoying sound, like cards in a bikes wheel spoke from the recoil handle vibrating in the plastic pocket where it rests. I have isolated it to this, as a simple grab of the handle will eliminate said noise.

Anyone have a simple fix?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I know in the grand scheme of things that can go wrong, this seems minor but here it goes. My new 23 9R makes the most annoying sound, like cards in a bikes wheel spoke from the recoil handle vibrating in the plastic pocket where it rests. I have isolated it to this, as a simple grab of the handle will eliminate said noise.

Anyone have a simple fix?
Are you missing the rubber piece?

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Dude I had a 23 with same issue. I have a 24’ no issue . The 24 has some rubber around the base. Get that’l piece if Polaris sells it. I wrapped the handle with electrical tape on the 23 and it helped but yeah, annoying rattle

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Literally the 9R is like a Harley. Parts regularly fly off it but it’s awesome when it’s working lol. I’m finding the 24’ better for some reasons…best sled I’ve owned so far, bar none, including lots of doos. Only 7 days of mountan riding so far, but 7 more planned next week. It’s been solid.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Dude I had a 23 with same issue. I have a 24’ no issue . The 24 has some rubber around the base. Get that’l piece if Polaris sells it. I wrapped the handle with electrical tape on the 23 and it helped but yeah, annoying rattle

I checked Babbitt's online parts diagram on recoil assembly. No difference in parts listed between '23 & '24. Looks like I'll need to fab up some rubber straps of my own. Thanks for the help everyone

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Mine has a buzzing noise at low rpm, but not at idle. Like 4000ish rpm probably. Never thought about the pull handle but I'll have to check it next ride. My pipe heat shield does contact my bumper slightly, I need to figure out a solution for that too

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
My Poos are all rattle traps in low RPMs. They aren't made to idle quietly, apparently.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just idles like a Harley:giggle:

Exactly. Know your audience? Know your sled.

The 9R is bad ass but it’s a rattle trap. Get over it. I’d be more concerned about the clutch wizzing by my head as long as the engine makes it past 100 miles. Keep the Sat phone charged and stored heli contact info. Priorities.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Buy a cobra cord aluminum handle.

After a few rides listening to it rattle, you'll be wishing for the quiet plastic handle.
Yup, I have that too. I pulled it off and zip tied the rubber piece the stock handle had. All better.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I was gonna laugh at your problem and then I pictured it happening to me. Then I got annoyed by just imagining the sound. So brother, I feel your pain. haha

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The 9R is bad ass but it’s a rattle trap. Get over it. I’d be more concerned about the clutch wizzing by my head…………..
you should be way more concerned about the clutch hitting your head. Haha

Premium Features