• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch kit for 9r?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The p22 is a poorly designed clutch. It’s prolly a better idea to put the money toward a p85. If someone says they can get more p22 performance by changing to their weights, they are flat out lying and just wanna sell their junk.
If doing clutch work, buy trinkets from someone who rides in your area.

Do research, tinker and ride! Post up what you end up doing .
Merry Xmas and happy new year

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Poor people and ****ty riders complain about or blame clutching. I don't do **** with my clutching and have yet to see someone out ride me because of clutching. You are better off spending money on strippers if you are going to feel used by someone.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Poor people and ****ty riders complain about or blame clutching. I don't do **** with my clutching and have yet to see someone out ride me because of clutching. You are better off spending money on strippers if you are going to feel used by someone.
Ya, we know. The video ya posted showed really poor sled performanc. Two experienced clutchers told you there is something wrong with your clutchinf. Yet, you continue to Insult the snowest Clutch masters While thinking everything’s is good, which it is not. Some people in the world are unteachable, dumb and rich. You is all three. Hahahahaha. makecsure To film the heli sled rescue.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Ya, we know. The video ya posted showed really poor sled performanc. Two experienced clutchers told you there is something wrong with your clutchinf. Yet, you continue to Insult the snowest Clutch masters While thinking everything’s is good, which it is not. Some people in the world are unteachable, dumb and rich. You is all three. Hahahahaha. makecsure To film the heli sled rescue.
You and Crusty Dusty been waiting for my helicopter ride. Don't worry I've been saving up for it. Until then blame the sled on why you can't ride 😏

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Ok I understand tinkering myself. I understand clutching. But the reason I'm asking is I'm from the prairies of Canada and have to visit the mountains. Just want a bit of a head start on figuring out clutching as time is limited for me riding there.

Last year in West I did not feel as tho backshifting was quick enough. I ran suggested clutching out of manual.

I also get the argument about the p22 vs p85.

Gonna stick with p22. So anyone want to share any luck they've had? PM me if needed.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Carls cycle makes a good clutch kit but I think they’re changing weights so it will probably be a little expensive. I’m not sure if TRS makes a kit for the P22 but he would be my first choice. I run his P85 kit and it’s awesome. There are lots of options that I’m sure work great Burandt, ibexx, Indy Specialty to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Sep 10, 2009
Ok I understand tinkering myself. I understand clutching. But the reason I'm asking is I'm from the prairies of Canada and have to visit the mountains. Just want a bit of a head start on figuring out clutching as time is limited for me riding there.

Last year in West I did not feel as tho backshifting was quick enough. I ran suggested clutching out of manual.

Gonna stick with p22. So anyone want to share any luck they've had? PM me if needed.

I feel like the 9R has more to offer up top. I'd look for a clutch kit that includes a different helix that continues to shift up top?

I chatted with Kurt for a bit last year and he was working on a clutch kit that offered just that. I haven't circled back to see what his final product is. Personally I kept it simple last year and ran an Almond Venom primary spring and 14-74's, stock helix, and stock secondary spring. It worked well, but I think there is more to gain.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia

Deal with tuners that ride our areas. The 9r has substantial gains from a good clutch kit. Ben at Altitude can help you out or Ibexx kit from Whiskey/Stoked is ripping. Don’t get stuck on the p22vsp85 debate.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It’s hard to take a sled from the flatland (prairies) and try to ride mountains with it. Find a good tuner in your area who rides a lot. The big box stores won’t be of much help but to sell you a bunch of stuff that’s probably not any better than stock Polaris parts.

Premium Features