• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 9R turbo build

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Building a 9R turbo. See how responsive it is compared to the Boost.

Lots of cool parts going on this build. Thanks to all the companies that are participating.

M7 Design - Wrap
Slydog Skis - Attack Ski Set
IceAge Perfromance - 9" hellfire wheels and axle
Seco Seats - Seat cover
Silber Turbos - Turbo Kit
Venom Products - Clutching components
Spectra Power Sports - Polaris 9R
Remers Renderings - Front Bumper and Quick driver cover
Prismatic Powders

SRP SM PROFILE ICON.jpg

IMG_4713.jpeg

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
If you a haven't ran sly dogs, I would try a set first, as I hated mine once I got into steeper terrain, I bought a sled with them and had to go find a set of stock skis to buy and put on there since it was unbearable to sidehill once the snow wasn't crazy deep. They were fine on handle bar deep days, but still no where near the stock skis. Should Be an Epic Build once your done, I'm curious to see how an aftermarket turbo on a 9R goes against a stock boost with 9R top end with the different cranks.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
If you a haven't ran sly dogs, I would try a set first, as I hated mine once I got into steeper terrain, I bought a sled with them and had to go find a set of stock skis to buy and put on there since it was unbearable to sidehill once the snow wasn't crazy deep. They were fine on handle bar deep days, but still no where near the stock skis. Should Be an Epic Build once your done, I'm curious to see how an aftermarket turbo on a 9R goes against a stock boost with 9R top end with the different cranks.
I sell the Slydog attacks skis and they are fantastic. There not any better then the grippers, but an awesome upgrade for a Doo or Lynx owner. I like to use the Slydog skis to color match the wrap.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Slydog Attack are probably the best performance off trail ski out there. They are pretty aggressive and some people it’s not for them. I’ve run them on the axys, matryx, cat and ski doos. Color matching to a wrap there are thousands of combos. Only down side is if you are doing a light weight build they are pretty heavy.

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
Slydog Attack are probably the best performance off trail ski out there. They are pretty aggressive and some people it’s not for them. I’ve run them on the axys, matryx, cat and ski doos. Color matching to a wrap there are thousands of combos. Only down side is if you are doing a light weight build they are pretty heavy.
I could see if you are riding deep sugar snow all the time, riding heavy west coast snow I struggled to hold an edge in real steep areas, and panel sliding was impossible for me. And as soon as I put the grippers on I could go through those areas with ease and panel slide down hills. The guy who has the sled before me loved them though so its just a preference thing. With the boost the skis don't touch most of the time I'm in steep terrain anyways unless I'm going downhill so I image a 9r turbo is rarly going to need em.

Premium Features