• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Canadian Snow Checks Are Getting Burned!!

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
To bring more light to POWWOW's earlier post I've started this thread to put pressure on Polaris to correct a very clear disparity.

I snow checked an RMK and I'm really unhappy that people who snow checked don't get the better overall deal for committing the earliest. New buyers in Canada are now receiving a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty before the season has started.

I called Polaris and my dealer and they both told me, tough luck and it is what it is.

All Canadian snow check customers should be mad as hell! The season hasn't even started and other Canadian consumers are getting a better warranty than those of us who committed first.

Very poor business practice to those of us who have been loyal and were first to buck up the money.

I don't expect Polaris to correct the problem with their Canadian customers, they seemed to care less on the phone.

If Polaris wants to treat their Canadian snow check customers this way, then what's the point in snow checking if the deal can be better before the season even starts??

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Not trying to our more salt on the wound down here in the states in last year guys were paying premium $$$ for snow check plus 3 years only to discover the same Pro RMK for $1000's less plus 3 year just after Xmas.

DPG

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
To bring more light to POWWOW's earlier post I've started this thread to put pressure on Polaris to correct a very clear disparity.

I snow checked an RMK and I'm really unhappy that people who snow checked don't get the better overall deal for committing the earliest. New buyers in Canada are now receiving a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty before the season has started.

I called Polaris and my dealer and they both told me, tough luck and it is what it is.

All Canadian snow check customers should be mad as hell! The season hasn't even started and other Canadian consumers are getting a better warranty than those of us who committed first.

Very poor business practice to those of us who have been loyal and were first to buck up the money.

I don't expect Polaris to correct the problem with their Canadian customers, they seemed to care less on the phone.

If Polaris wants to treat their Canadian snow check customers this way, then what's the point in snow checking if the deal can be better before the season even starts??

Do you guys honestly think that Polaris is in the business of not making the most profit they can?

Ever heard the saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"?

You all were amazed that Polaris was offering all the bags, clicker shocks, custom color options, $1000 coupon etc.... Why don't you add up the price of those extras and compare that to the cost of a 2 year extended warranty..

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Do you guys honestly think that Polaris is in the business of not making the most profit they can?

You all were amazed that Polaris was offering all the bags, clicker shocks, custom color options, $1000 coupon etc.... Why don't you add up the price of those extras and compare that to the cost of a 2 year extended warranty..

Canadian snow checks got a 1+1 year warranty so it wouldn't take much for Polaris to correct the disparity, but there's always someone who will tow the corporate line for profits. Customer retention is good for profits.

Bottom line, no one as a paid snow check customer should feel that another consumer is getting a better deal then they are before the season starts.
It's only going to hurt your snow check sales next season. Not good for profits I'd say.

They can forget about me snow checking again, and every other Canadian should think long and hard before snow checking a Polaris after this.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I don't snowcheck,anymore because mechanically your not getting anything more....Best way to buy a new sled dollar for dollar buy last years hold over unless something new hits the snow you just have to have....depreciation suck on sled anyway...Ride New & Save with a one year old hold over.

DPG

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't snowcheck,anymore because mechanically your not getting anything more....Best way to buy a new sled dollar for dollar buy last years hold over unless something new hits the snow you just have to have....depreciation suck on sled anyway...Ride New & Save with a one year old hold over.

DPG

Correct. Holdovers last spring in the midwest were $2k+ less than snowcheck. It's always that way. So, buyer beware. I looked at the deal and went for a 2015. Got a few extras, gave my hard earned $ to a dealer I trust and will take a bigger hit on depreciation. But, I can't wait for the snow to fly!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If the show room deal is that much better, let them sit on your snow check and go buy one off the floor. For $500, why not. As long as it is worth it to you.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay

Unsellable inventory! Bet they never made a single extra accessory for the snow check. Bet on Walker evans needle shocks not being on the new chassis when it is released. $1000 coupon! Who in there right mind would snowcheck again! Must admit custom colors is cool, but the rest is just good marketing to get rid of old stock.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
I would say the odds of Polaris trying this in the US are about the same odds as these treads not surfacing around snowcheck time 2016! What a bad way to kill a good thing. Most riders I know snowcheck.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I'm sure if you don't back down you CA guys will get what you deserve. I truly believe my 15 this year was a steal compared to buying a leftover (<$800 difference buying a leftover) but I also preferred standard RMK to a Pro for my kind of riding.

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
If Polaris doesn't step up and match the warranty for their Canadian snow checks, you can be damn sure I'll be reminding everyone in these forums next year just before everyone snow checks a 16.

Do the right thing. Step up Polaris and give all RMK snow checks the same warranty coverage. The season hasn't started!!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Are they offering over $2000 in goodies on these floor models like they did at snowcheck. Like WE needle shocks, free electric start painted tunnels and protaper bars for the same price ?

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Are they offering over $2000 in goodies on these floor models like they did at snowcheck. Like WE needle shocks, free electric start painted tunnels and protaper bars for the same price ?

If you snowchecked the Terrain Dominator it is the exact same sled. Total ripoff in my opinion. Brand loyalist and Commercial interests can spin it as they want, but it still is B.S.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
If your American you get 3 year powertrain with snowcheck and bumper to bumper off the floor, so those who bought the Terrain Dominator are getting screwed bad also. The rest of you are just getting a little less on your warranty

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
If your American you get 3 year powertrain with snowcheck and bumper to bumper off the floor, so those who bought the Terrain Dominator are getting screwed bad also. The rest of you are just getting a little less on your warranty

Just trying to understand the extent of the problem and if apples are beeing compared to apples.

Premium Features