• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can on 850 Kahaos

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
im sure HPS is good, ran many of them on my Doo's with no issue and sound really good.
On my Khaos the Diamond S Ti can has been excellent, no issues.

K-DOG2

Whiskey Dreamer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
MN
I have the HPS on my Khaos. Sounds good and no issues. Ran them on all my doo's with no problems. Diamond S was back ordered when I was looking so I stuck with HPS.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
I'm not sure about other companies but I know slp has quite the process to install there can. You have to install two new spring hooks and a shim under the pipe mount to keep the pipe from rubbing on the over structure. There is a thread on here about pipe fitment with a can.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I put the slp comp can on my 850. I did it in my trailer with three other sleds in there and limited tools the morning before we rode. It took me about 45 minutes or so. If I Had done it in my shop I would guess it to take 15-20 min. You bolt on one spring hanger, drill a rivet and replace with another hanger, remove bumper bolt and install one more hanger, washer under pipe and install. I really like it quiet at idle but has a nice bark. Been running 10-68 at 10k with a slp blue pink spring 8200 rpm

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
I have the HPS on my Khaos, and I love the sound. Haven’t had any issue with the can on my Khaos!

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone notice if the HPS is causing the pipe to touch the left to right over structure ?

got any pictures .. There is an indent on the factory shield that goes over that side piece

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Same here, I got lucky and notice it before to much damage , so looking into a different can .

Just checked mine its close but no damage and I run the HPS can. You can put a washer between the rubber plug insert and the pipe bracket and it gives lots of clearance over the over structure

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Mines not it’s very close but not touching I’m going to put a washer underneath the pipe mount like the SLP just too make sure it never dose touch.
Did you check to see if its shifted back enough to hit the bracket where the pipe mount is ? the place where you are talking abouit putting the washer .

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Did you check to see if its shifted back enough to hit the bracket where the pipe mount is ? the place where you are talking abouit putting the washer .
Not yet I’m going to pull the pipe off and look it over good see what needs too be done. The snow sucks now so I kinda just been letting her sit.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I had the HPS can on my 17 AXYS - would bog bad in deep snow. Talked with HPS and they said I needed to also drop weight in my clutch; they said sometimes this was needed and sometime not.

Before you buy an HPS can, I would ask them if there is a chance you'll have to change clutch weights.

I have the slp quiet can on my Patriot, no issues.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Drop weight? Because your loosing hp.
I run diamond-s stainless can on my 850, pipe does not touch the crossbar, and it seals at the belly pan. I tested twice this year In cold deep snow, and warm spring snow. Both times I brought my stock can and switch on the hill, no difference in rpm or track speed.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Drop weight? Because your loosing hp.
I run diamond-s stainless can on my 850, pipe does not touch the crossbar, and it seals at the belly pan. I tested twice this year In cold deep snow, and warm spring snow. Both times I brought my stock can and switch on the hill, no difference in rpm or track speed.

My sled was running strong before I put on the can, then put on the can and bogging started. I called HPS and my info is coming straight from HPS; something about sled sensing to much of a load? That's all I got for you / remember as I'm a pilot, not a mechanic; I just need whatever I'm piloting to run strong.

I got rid of the can as I just wanted a lighter can and a little better sound than stock.

Premium Features