• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken clutch removal?????

R
Nov 26, 2007
got a call from a buddy yesterday, he headed out for his first ride of the year on sat. well to make a long story short he broke the primary in half on his 04 rmk. Here lies the question, the clutch basicly split in half, the inner sheave is still on the crank and the rest of the clutch broke off. DOes anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to remove the inner sheave from the crank??

R
Nov 26, 2007
have thought about this, only concerned about pulling on the alumnium and out so far from the crank.

Was wondering if anyone had had sucess with a certin way.
I was thinking about drilling holes in the sheave and using a steering wheel type puller and large washers in the back.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Hey Pete
I had a 97 Poo 700. Remember how the bolt threaded through the clutch then into the crank? Well the bolt came out of the crank and messed both ends of the threads...Wouldn't come out or go it. I finally cut the bolt and tried a slide hammer but it just scared me because it wasn't pulling evenly. After searching and asking million people I ended up cutting the MFr off. Made a big mess but it worked. Need to cut it like a piece of pie and once that is out it will pop off. A big air tank helps and I would also cover the engine as good as possible. Eneded up getting alum dust in my throttle cable. Also go very slow when you get close to the crank. Make sure your not cutting into the crank:) Good luck

Premium Features