• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman Cyclone clutch cover ??

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
it sucks they don't claim what weight...it is around the same price point as the zrp one.

bmp posted that video....the guy says it feels the same while most other lightweight clutch over advertise throttle response improvements.

but less weight and more airflow cant be that bad.

https://youtu.be/pfj-qtcTWmU

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

N
Mar 7, 2018
It might move more air around, but actual clutch cooling comes from directing air at the sheeves. If you take an IR camera and look at both clutches during operation, the primary clutch cover itself will be much cooler since it is hardly in contact with anything that is generating heat. If there was value here, OEs would be doing since it would add no cost to a casting. If anything, the design looks like it will direct cooler air away from where you need it.

Looks like a gimmick to me. I wouldn't be convinced unless I saw some CFD data or IR camera footage with and without.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I don’t think it’s primary purpose is more cooling, it’s to save on rotating mass. I wonder how it compares in weight to the Patrick Custom Carbon cover?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I don’t think it’s primary purpose is more cooling, it’s to save on rotating mass. I wonder how it compares in weight to the Patrick Custom Carbon cover?

No it indeed is designed for cooling. It is actually robs .25hp to move it.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
What is bushing made of? How wide is it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
The Bushing is comparable to stock and we are working on one that is far superior to the OE bushing. The Clutch cover is 0.15 lbs lighter than the stock one and will respond faster. The primary purpose of the cover is to move air and cool the belt for sleds with stage kits or turbos. This cover drastically increases belt life!

Premium Features