• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best/Lightest Carbon Fiber helmet

M
May 1, 2008
FIDLOCK

Never been a 509 guy BUT the new FIDLOCK latch system found on the altitude carbon helmet was enough of a reason to spend the cash. Check it out on YouTube, perfect solution for guys that hate dealing with buckling a helmet.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
Giro remedy carbon fiber. I love this helmet, use it for sledding and dirt biking. It's so light and comfortable. There's no way I can where a conventional helmet, bad neck.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Never been a 509 guy BUT the new FIDLOCK latch system found on the altitude carbon helmet was enough of a reason to spend the cash. Check it out on YouTube, perfect solution for guys that hate dealing with buckling a helmet.

This latch system is the bomb! Totally sold me on the 509 CF helmet. Took a day to get used to it, but it's so quick and easy. Got boas on my Klim boots last year, now this! Life is good.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
kali makes the motorfist helmet. suomy helmets are very light and very comfy. never tried an airoh but hear great things. if you don't want to spend a mint on a full carbon helmet check out judged gear. Wally's helmet is very light.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

YIKES!! This one may not be so good. In dry conditions, it might be great, but just a little snow between the magnetic contact points will make the strap useless as it wont buckle at all. Without a securely fastened strap, the helmet could come off on impact.

JUDGED

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2015
www.judgedgear.com
About 2lbs.

Disclaimer: Just like a sled it matters how you weight it. You can feel the difference between us and the others though.

So the helmet weighs 945g.

3cVOsBx.jpg

Now after you ad pads and visor and screws it goes up. It also depends on what pads you use--we provide thick and thin cheek pads.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
bought a marushin a couple years back. 850 grams with the visor and padding so basically the whole thing like it should be weighed. really like it other than the fact I got the one a tad too small. I went to buy the large but didn't see it on the fc moto website so I ordered the suomy which is I want to say 1100 grams, don't quote me on that. The fc moto website was weird so I emailed them. Now I see they have the 850's back on there. grrr. I would do another one other than I wish they had more colors and designs to choose from, oh and I already ordered the suomy. I tell ya nothing like riding with something so light you forget your wearing one. I don't know what kind of safety rating they have but for me im not high speed. fwiw you can buy both through motorcycle superstore amongst others, and I mean others. Most are free shipping. They don't fit, send it back.
Dan

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
I just got the MotorFist Alpha...First carbon fiber helmet I've had and I'm incredibly happy with it. Super light, not bulky, and does not wear my neck out.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have been looking at Just1. They are very similar to the Airoh, but seem to be more readily available in the States.

Premium Features