• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Helmet Questions

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I'm currently running a 509 Altitude Carbon with 509 Aviator 2.0 goggles. I'm considering getting a new helmet for next year and I've been looking at the Klim F3. Anyone have any experience running the F3 with the Aviators? I really don't want to have to buy Klim goggles. My group all runs the Aviators so it's nice if you scratch a lens or something, everybody has the same stuff.

Ran this year with the breath box and no balaclava and that was the cat's meow. I could finally breathe normal without the balaclava over my mouth.

Didn't know if the Aviators would seal as well in the F3 to be able to continue doing that.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
You’re just gonna have to try it out. I run the klim carbon helmet and I can tell you if I run a pair of 509 goggles it does not fit as good around your face as it does when I run my klim goggles. Now your goggles are still sealed up against your face, but there’s a lot of skin left and they just don’t fit super good. If you look at klim goggles, they’re literally designed to fit the opening on the F3. Same as the 509 combo.

Now it’s not the end of the world, but if you wanna totally good seal, then I would run klim goggles with a klim helmet. I totally hear you on the goggle lenses, because who likes to buy a whole new set of lenses and yes, the breath box is a game changer.

djdj

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 1, 2022
Colorado
I am running the 509 Ignyte goggles in the F5 and feel as though they integrate fit into the helmet as well as they did on my 509 Altitude Carbon MIPS. The one thing that does not integrate well is the nose shield and the breath box and chin protector. While getting the goggles in and out (without the breath box) takes a little practice to get the move right, wanting to ride with the breath box installed is a no go.

Premium Features