• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best bang for my buck?

Kenny_h2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2012
I have a 2012 Proclimb 153" Sno Pro, New to the forums.

Have been reading for a while, was wondering what everyone's thoughts were for the most priority upgrades for this sled were "Power to weight ratio" haha.

I've got my CE 2.5 ordered already, because the damn thing won't stop down hill and I've been told it's the first thing to change. Noticed a huge difference on the pull / float on another 800 I rode, debating on getting the Kmod. (900 dollar conversion package possibly because of how cheap it is? Or the Suspension upgrade mid range price for 1600? Maybe just splurge on the full 2500 for the turn key full rear skid?)

Are the ice age rails really worth it? These Arctic cat rails seem to be pretty strong as it is. I know the anti-stab kit is! Raptor upgrades are they really that much better than the fox's? ( not really much into the whole suspension scene as I'm not too familiar with it as I am with the other parts of a snowmobile. )

Have my airframe running boards ready to be installed.

Now as for front end, I was curious what people's thoughts were on that I'm really looking into the 38" kit as i'm only about 175 lbs - 5"11. Sled going down hill takes a nice effort to throw over and pull back up, albeit doable!

My brother is suggesting Gen3 skii's and 38" kit would be nice.

If I get this 38" kit would it be alright to re-use the stock shocks? Or worth it to throw on some upgrades like these mysterious raptors, or would they even fit?

I've been riding snowmobiles all my life, but only recently bought my own mountain sled and I'm really trying to push myself and get into the fine tuning and tinkering. I'm from northern Alberta, so I do some ditch banging after work. But me and my buddies make 4-6 trips out west each year.

I know I'm rambling but I'm trying to take in as much as I can and avoid the trial and error aspect as much as I can.

As far as engine mods go, just have a big dog barker can on it. Was told that maybe a power commander would be worth it for altitude/fuel changes? (I wouldn't really know too much about using it though)

Anyone's input is greatly appreciate, positive or negative

Thanks in advance.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Definitely not the pro on his forum but basically summarize what I've seen on this forum and a local well respected shop.

First, do the factory updates including new secondary rollers, chaincase shimming, 084 belt, check the tie rod steering shaft tightness, and change out the rad. Oh, and get the light high beam switch checked out per tsb.

Next, upgrade the track like you are doing, drop the front of the skid 3/4 inch, increase the ski swing - there are a couple of ways - add a can, add a clutch kit and change skis. Drop more weight and help your poo friends get towed out.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Try to convert to the K MOD. The Raptors are awesome. The expense is worth it. The K MOD keeps the front down and improves traction through weight transfer. The Raptors allow the suspension to move in a controlled way. The clicker on the rear shock is easy and fast to operate. Put Raptors all around and you can WOT the trail bumps under control and comfort.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I have a 2012 Proclimb 153" Sno Pro, New to the forums.

Have been reading for a while, was wondering what everyone's thoughts were for the most priority upgrades for this sled were "Power to weight ratio" haha.

I've got my CE 2.5 ordered already, because the damn thing won't stop down hill and I've been told it's the first thing to change. Noticed a huge difference on the pull / float on another 800 I rode, debating on getting the Kmod. (900 dollar conversion package possibly because of how cheap it is? Or the Suspension upgrade mid range price for 1600? Maybe just splurge on the full 2500 for the turn key full rear skid?)

Are the ice age rails really worth it? These Arctic cat rails seem to be pretty strong as it is. I know the anti-stab kit is! Raptor upgrades are they really that much better than the fox's? ( not really much into the whole suspension scene as I'm not too familiar with it as I am with the other parts of a snowmobile. )

Have my airframe running boards ready to be installed.

Now as for front end, I was curious what people's thoughts were on that I'm really looking into the 38" kit as i'm only about 175 lbs - 5"11. Sled going down hill takes a nice effort to throw over and pull back up, albeit doable!

My brother is suggesting Gen3 skii's and 38" kit would be nice.

If I get this 38" kit would it be alright to re-use the stock shocks? Or worth it to throw on some upgrades like these mysterious raptors, or would they even fit?

I've been riding snowmobiles all my life, but only recently bought my own mountain sled and I'm really trying to push myself and get into the fine tuning and tinkering. I'm from northern Alberta, so I do some ditch banging after work. But me and my buddies make 4-6 trips out west each year.

I know I'm rambling but I'm trying to take in as much as I can and avoid the trial and error aspect as much as I can.

As far as engine mods go, just have a big dog barker can on it. Was told that maybe a power commander would be worth it for altitude/fuel changes? (I wouldn't really know too much about using it though)

Anyone's input is greatly appreciate, positive or negative

Thanks in advance.

How do you like the big dog barker can? I am thinking of getting one on my 2013 800. Is it loud if you can send a video sound clip to trevormuzechka6@msn.com thanks man

Kenny_h2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2012
The can is nice, Loud, actually i'm only 24 years old and I'd say it's too loud.

Moderate use is nice, has the perfect sound I'm looking for, but when I get up at 6:30 am and ride hard mountains all day long until about 7 pm. By the end of the day I've always got a killer headache. The end of the can is a bit too long, sticks out a good inch or two out the bottom of the sled even through my skid plate. Going to trim it down as I'm tired of bending it back open. Mostly brings up on my sled deck when I load/unload.

As for the shocks I would like to use floats, I like the on the fly adjustments. I don't have enough knowledge or time to send off springs all the time and get things re-valved. Looking at getting the GenIII's, I don't want to mess around too much with clutching just yet, sled seems to pull just fine where I ride. I'll deal with engine mods after this season. All updates are done, except "Replace Rad"?? I didn't know there was a mod/recall on that...My sled seems to have only had 1 problem, headlights, blew 1 belt on break in period. Ran fine all year 2000 km of them.

Premium Features