• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Best all around Bike?" 2013 Build Project

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Randy, come-up to Whistler last week of october and let's have some fun in the shop getting our 4 scoots ready for the coming season :face-icon-small-ton

Okay, I have a flight sched to get first. If I am off, I will come up for a couple days. That would be a blast! I will bring my fishing pole too!!

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hey guys, I found an option for the Pro Bend guards. I love the quality and style of the pro bends but the HUGE shields are not so great looking. I need just protection from tree bark to save shredding my gloves and levers. These are Pro Bend's with an optional low profile shield. Pretty cool

073 small.jpg 121 small.jpg 078 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
To keep this bike on track, with all the little extras, I decided to install grip heaters as well. I personally haven't had problems with cold hands very often. Once in a while if they get real cold it takes some exhaust to recover, then all is well the rest of the day. I will see if these are a good extra or not? A little low heat in your grips all day might be real nice? I will see....

I got some "single density" grips to allow heat to transfer through them better. The thick "pillow" type grips may never get warm. I am going to wire them isolated from the battery so there is never a risk of running the battery down. They will have an "on and off" switch that will function normally, but when the engine is shut off, all power stops to the grips regardless of switch position.

192 small.jpg 191 small.jpg 195 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
KTM Gravity graphics over black plastics. There is a plastic primer 3M 94 for graphics over plastic. This stuff will keep your corners from peeling up. Easy application.

120 small.jpg 186 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
She's done!!!

I will post updates and battery test's etc as we go. This bike should be a super nice "everything covered" snow bike. I am super excited for the testing to begin.

Also, There will be a major up-grade install ! Coming soon!.... Ha

I will keep you posted.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
LOL I called the turbo ! Now what are you gonna do ??? LOL

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looking Good Mtn-Doo!!!
any of you guys ever find a way to keep your grip heaters from ripping the wires out? I cant keep those things together even on a street bike.

Last edited:
R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
First person to send me $500 will get sneak peak photos of mtn-doo's secret mod. They might not be the clearest pictures, but that is because he doesn't wash the windows on his garage door that often. :D

J

jeffc

Mar 3, 2010
What exactly did you do to isolate the wiring into the battery so that it doesn't drain the battery when the engine is off?

To keep this bike on track, with all the little extras, I decided to install grip heaters as well. I personally haven't had problems with cold hands very often. Once in a while if they get real cold it takes some exhaust to recover, then all is well the rest of the day. I will see if these are a good extra or not? A little low heat in your grips all day might be real nice? I will see....

I got some "single density" grips to allow heat to transfer through them better. The thick "pillow" type grips may never get warm. I am going to wire them isolated from the battery so there is never a risk of running the battery down. They will have an "on and off" switch that will function normally, but when the engine is shut off, all power stops to the grips regardless of switch position.

Premium Features