• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First time Snow Biker -- Build List looking for feedback

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Moving from an AXYS to a 17' KTM450-based snow bike. This is really new territory for me, and I would like to have my build sheet sanity checked.

Basics:
  1. 17' KTM 450 (Basically brand new <5 hours)
  2. 2019 - 2021 ARO3 or 129LE Timebersled Kit (Still shopping, looking to go used)

Must Haves:

GKR Snowbikes or K09J Engine Jacket - Watt-Man.com (Leaning towards to the hard-sided covers,,) Not sure what is better here​

Nice to Haves:

1. Acerbis 3.1 Tank
  2. Amour? What? From Who?
  3. Pipe Sheilds?
  4. Seat??
Any and all feedback is welcome!

EDIT Fund this Post: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/bike-builds-with-component-lists-to-help-newcomers.456827/

Last edited:
G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I have a 19 Husky FX 450 (very similar bike) and an 18 ARO 137.

The things I have to have

Thermobob T stat
Temp gauge (my TTO hard to read and the snow packs in it)
PST Engine Jacket
Full wrap handguards
P3 Carbon pipe guard
Acerbis Skid plate
Mountain Addiction 3.3 gallon can
Fan (Tusk or trailtech). My bike runs hot sometimes (Especially low speed trail or hard pack)
Tunnel storage bag or box

Nice to have but I could live without
Soft seat
FAST wide pegs

Would like to add heated bars or grips but hate adding all the extra plumbing or electrical

I've had zero problems running the stock air box with a prefilter over the OEM air filter (Over 100 hours on snow)

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Have on my '18 KTM 450, so same bike, 2020 Riot LE :

C3 thermostat and heated bars
Sled bar muffs
Selkirk Armour (fantastic fit/finish, love the bottom cooler)
Stock intake with pre filter material on the filterl, vented cover with pre-filter material covering the holes
Stock mx tank, but a tunnel mount for an additional 1, or 2, 10L cans, depending on the day
Trio and TSS
Fork Savers neoprene covers

A few items I also have you may want to consider, are a Seat Concepts comfort seat, it really is amazing, and while spendy, a Voyager Pro is a great setup.
Gives you all sorts of vital engine info, as well as a gps.

4810F76D-09AB-40C4-9E54-56FA1A001A8E.jpeg

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
oh, and a hot dogger, that's a great thing to have as well, hahaha
a bit more info needed here on your hot dogger and selkirk....I have a 19 ktm and husky both with selkirk, so are you running the top selkirk piece over the hot dogger, or is that more of a fabric (like an engine blanket) type piece covering the hot dogger?? any other pix or information is appreciated, thanks mucho. i.e., even the brand of hot dogger etc.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
a bit more info needed here on your hot dogger and selkirk....I have a 19 ktm and husky both with selkirk, so are you running the top selkirk piece over the hot dogger, or is that more of a fabric (like an engine blanket) type piece covering the hot dogger?? any other pix or information is appreciated, thanks mucho. i.e., even the brand of hot dogger etc.
Think that one is literally a Hot Dooger brand. Muffpot etc, all the same. It was a bit of a sticky wicket getting the base to secure to the stock pipe's resonance chamber, as it is shaped like a samosa lol. However, I found a Pro Circuit Ti system on a clearance sale, and it's chamber is nice and round (just like a bigger piece of tube

Premium Features