• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys RMK pics

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I rode my 12 back to back when we tested the 13 when it first came out. I swapped back and forth 6 times before I could say there was MAYBE an ever so slight difference. That 21% is minimal. My 12 actually beat the 13 in a uphill race twice and my buddy and I swapped sleds. If you didn't know which one was belt and which one was the chain you wouldn't know by riding them. The 3 inch with the chain case is going to be awesome and will be geared right out of the gate. My bet on the 2.6 is it is still geared too high like polaris has always been. From a performance standpoint the 3 wins in the mountains. It works better for 80% of the riding we do. The only place it doesn't is the trail. Even on the bad days we always find decent snow in the trees. I think poo big push of the 2.6 was to downplay doo T3.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I rode my 12 back to back when we tested the 13 when it first came out. I swapped back and forth 6 times before I could say there was MAYBE an ever so slight difference. That 21% is minimal. My 12 actually beat the 13 in a uphill race twice and my buddy and I swapped sleds. If you didn't know which one was belt and which one was the chain you wouldn't know by riding them. The 3 inch with the chain case is going to be awesome and will be geared right out of the gate. My bet on the 2.6 is it is still geared too high like polaris has always been. From a performance standpoint the 3 wins in the mountains. It works better for 80% of the riding we do. The only place it doesn't is the trail. Even on the bad days we always find decent snow in the trees. I think poo big push of the 2.6 was to downplay doo T3.

I have done the same back to back comparison between the 12 and 14 sleds. I honestly could not tell you which one had the belt drive and which one didn't if i had not know beforehand.

You are spot on with the 3" track comments. It works better in every situation except trail riding. Tends to heat up a bit if you don't keep moving. I saw 150 degrees a few times, but that is not even close to "overheating". Just keep it above 30 mph and no issues at all. Soon as you hop off the trail, everything changes. The 3" is superior in every way. Which is why i ordered the 163 3" again this season, and i am totally ok with the chaincase too. Gearing should be perfect =)

Cheers!

Premium Features