• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATTENTION: Diamond S Boost Cans Isolator Problem

S
Oct 5, 2012
Bozeman MT
!!ATTENTION BOOSTS RUNNUNG A DIAMOND S CAN!!

*Fix Video*

Alright guys, follow up post to my quick drive belt shredding last Wed night after the night ride. Not trying to start any drama, just informing people and hopefully saving people precious riding time.

We found a bushing/isolator from my Diamond S can install wedged under the lower qd pulley. There is a steel mesh bushing on the centering dowel that is held in by the stock can design (conical). The Diamond S can is a round hole and doesn't provide pressure on the top of the isolator to keep it in. Mine rattled out in 500 miles and ended up pinned behind the lower qd2 pulley.

We confirmed this today at the dealer with 2 other boosts sitting their waiting for recalls, 1 other one has the isolator in the same spot, just starting to wear the belt, the other had the isolator half way worked out. Both sleds were 22 boost with Diamond S cans.

Everyone should check your sled if you have a 22 or 23 boost running a Diamond S silencer. Might just prevent a bad day with an 1/8" drill bit and a 5 minute fix. ?

Ps. This is only boost cans, my wife's 22 kahos NA 850 with Diamond S is designed different, doesn't have the isolator.

20221216_180249.jpg 20221219_175653.jpg 20221219_175706.jpg 20221219_175644.jpg

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Diamond S issued a statement and fix on their social media platforms. If you contact them they will give you a push nut or you can go purchase one.

Premium Features