• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any snowmobiling on mt.Hood yet ??

J
Sep 9, 2016
Went for a ride today at frog lake for just an hour or two to put a couple miles and test out my buddies brand new 17 m8000. No one had been up to frog lake today so we left the fresh tracks on the new 6 inches of power.
20161219_142809.jpg

J
Sep 9, 2016
20170114_122023.jpg

20170114_111051.jpg

20170114_113021.jpgSo my wife had been telling me we are going to go snowmobiling this last Saturday just a quick trail ride up to Mount Hood so I've been planning it. But Friday night she had flown my son in from Colorado because my birthday is coming up this week. So surprised it's not us going it's me taking my son which was a totally great surprise. He's been up once before with me several years ago when I had my first Sled a 96 Yamaha Phazer and loved it. Well Saturday he got a chance to ride the wives Sled the 15 m8000 153. ( bone stock)
In all the half-dozen or more times it has bucked my wife if she's never had anything happen, went between trees and all other positions but never Hit anything. Let's just say she's had her opportunities LOL. Now my son on the other hand LOL he fell into a tree well and boy it was almost a couple hours or digging. Of course we got it out I have to say even though my wife mostly rides Trails having that mountain sled in the position it was in and being able to get it to get itself out. If I would have bought her a lesser sled a Trail sled of some sort we would have been in a lot more trouble. I think here in the Northwest we just have to have known on the trails there are tree wells just 4 feet from our daily riding trails. He just went through Mountain bumper over to the side a little and the A-Arms got touched but no damage. (IT'S A CAT!!) :eyebrows:
Anyways the powder was even deep on the trails which as you know is the majority of the riding on Mount Hood. We had fun and a memorable time. we found some side trails that had been not touched and we're very deep and narrow.

J
Sep 9, 2016
Yeah it was about the worst one I've been a part of and of course it was just my son and myself he's very capable 27 years old. But of course I had to make sure to keep him calm and let him know everything was going to be cool we just needed to stay cool keep your head and get out. We probably could have done it a little faster but I just wanted to take our time and do it right, and it happened late morning so we had plenty of time. But yeah it was damn near airlift worthy it was down there but when I seen it I definitely was thinking oh crap! Had to park my sled perpendicular behind it and tie onto my running board with a strap to the back of it to get it pulled back at least a foot to get it off the tree.
IMG_3556482660213.jpeg

Premium Features