• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R 155

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I don't really care if the employees buy a limited edition sled, they're paying for it, they're no different than me. It's the PROCESS though.
For example, my dealer is closed Monday's. Snow check release is Monday, how can I get ahold of him to claim a sled / allocation? Guess I could ask for his private number, but being a business owner,
I know it's nice to have a day off from the office once in a while.

So call 9:02 am Monday to check a 9R, "sorry all boosts and 9R's are gone" Really? In 2 mins? Ok, so clearly the field isn't level. I know of an ex-employee that has a 9R coming etc. Having friends in the right places is great, just doesn't help the regular guy.
And yes, I've bought many sleds / dirt bikes / parts and pieces, gear etc off them, I'm not a
"buy one sled every 7 years" kind of customer.

Make matters worse, my dealership provides Hoyer and Turcotte with their sleds. Super, expect Turcotte took 3 of the allocations on his own.
I get it, he's a paid athlete etc, and he needs the product to perform. But were those sleds of his taken from my dealers original allocations? Or did Factory Polaris add on those sleds for him, and the dealers inventory wasn't touched?

All that being said, looking at $9k Cdn to go from my low mile 850, to a 9R, so I think I'll just add some IceAge Khaos rails and their Fox shock kit, and call it a day. End of day, I was done a favour haha. And it wasn't all loss for my dealer, I checked a 650 PRO RMK off him,
lest anyone think I was too mad at him lol.
There were a few 900Rs and boosts around the Edmonton area here even after the first week of snow check. The 900 i had checked was 26k out the door 155 pro loaded except e-start . Then ended up getting a khaos 165 boost for a grand more same options no e-start . Still alot to upgrade from my n/a 850 oh well long as i get it early like my n/a last year ill be happy

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
There were a few 900Rs and boosts around the Edmonton area here even after the first week of snow check. The 900 i had checked was 26k out the door 155 pro loaded except e-start . Then ended up getting a khaos 165 boost for a grand more same options no e-start . Still alot to upgrade from my n/a 850 oh well long as i get it early like my n/a last year ill be happy
27k for your new sled then, without e-start?

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I’ve used several dealers in my area over the years. I’m a huge believer in establishing a relationship with a dealer that takes care of you. Which I order a fair amount of sleds, 7 new ones in the past 4 years with my current dealer. So it’s been a good relationship for us both.

They are closed on Mondays, but this year on the morning of the release I texted him what I think we wanted based on rumors. He texted me back about 40 minutes before the release when he knew his allotments, that he had us covered. The wife and I both built our snowchecks and submitted them online. It wasn’t a half hour after the release video concluded he had confirmed all of our snowchecks for 23. Just sharing that, as it’s awesome having a dealer that takes that kind of time on his day off to make sure loyal customers get what they want.

I drive an extra hour to get there and smile every time I drive by the dealer I used previously. Which is all but out of business now, and it’s due to poor customer service. Which honestly I feel bad for, but hey life is full of decisions. I’ll spend my hard earned money with someone who genuinely appreciates my business.

This years whips for 23:
For me a Khaos Boost 155 & Khaos 9R 155.
The wife is doing a Khaos Boost 165.
Daughter is doing a 650 155.

Also my dealer will be selling our used 22s once the 23s arrive. He makes a little on the used sales and it makes my life easy by not having to take that chore on. A win win for us both.

Gonna be a fun season❄️❄️

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I’ve used several dealers in my area over the years. I’m a huge believer in establishing a relationship with a dealer that takes care of you. Which I order a fair amount of sleds, 7 new ones in the past 4 years with my current dealer. So it’s been a good relationship for us both.

They are closed on Mondays, but this year on the morning of the release I texted him what I think we wanted based on rumors. He texted me back about 40 minutes before the release when he knew his allotments, that he had us covered. The wife and I both built our snowchecks and submitted them online. It wasn’t a half hour after the release video concluded he had confirmed all of our snowchecks for 23. Just sharing that, as it’s awesome having a dealer that takes that kind of time on his day off to make sure loyal customers get what they want.

I drive an extra hour to get there and smile every time I drive by the dealer I used previously. Which is all but out of business now, and it’s due to poor customer service. Which honestly I feel bad for, but hey life is full of decisions. I’ll spend my hard earned money with someone who genuinely appreciates my business.

This years whips for 23:
For me a Khaos Boost 155 & Khaos 9R 155.
The wife is doing a Khaos Boost 165.
Daughter is doing a 650 155.

Also my dealer will be selling our used 22s once the 23s arrive. He makes a little on the used sales and it makes my life easy by not having to take that chore on. A win win for us both.

Gonna be a fun season❄️❄️
Wives with boosts make me laugh. There is absolutely no plausible reason I could see a woman being on a Boost. Hell most the guys that have them shouldn't be on them. Snowmobiles have now entered street bike territory.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I actually don't mind her on boost. Saves a few stucks. Does she need it? No. The na would get it done if she rode it harder. Problem is she rides them the same. The boost will pull it out in the end where the na won't. If that's what she wants or enjoys more, have at it. Most days i would rather ride a na. Depends on snow conditions.

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Wives with boosts make me laugh. There is absolutely no plausible reason I could see a woman being on a Boost. Hell most the guys that have them shouldn't be on them. Snowmobiles have now entered street bike territory.

Guys like you make me laugh. Making assumptions and judgments on situations you know nothing about. Your useless and unproductive comment shows a level immaturity that is the laughable part. Honestly it’s ass hats like you is why I rarely comment on posts anymore. Thank you for the reminder.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

There is no “plausible reason” I can see for most women being on a lot of the guys they are with.

Sounds like the women buying high performance sleds are making better choices. Good for them!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Guys like you make me laugh. Making assumptions and judgments on situations you know nothing about. Your useless and unproductive comment shows a level immaturity that is the laughable part. Honestly it’s ass hats like you is why I rarely comment on posts anymore. Thank you for the reminder.
That round unanimously goes to doudea

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
That's a very plausible reason. I totally get it now ?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
That's a very plausible reason. I totally get it now ?
I'll give you another.

There is such a thing as "womens division". There's some badass women racers in that division that I met years ago. I'm sure the ones today are just as capable. I carry a lot of respect for women riders of that caliber. They frequently don't have muscle or weight to easily toss a sled around like a guy and have to make up for that with quick smart decisions to manipulate a sled to get it to do what they want. Women racers I've had the opportunity to ride with were some great technical riders.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'll give you another.

There is such a thing as "womens division". There's some badass women racers in that division that I met years ago. I'm sure the ones today are just as capable. I carry a lot of respect for women riders of that caliber. They frequently don't have muscle or weight to easily toss a sled around like a guy and have to make up for that with quick smart decisions to manipulate a sled to get it to do what they want. Women racers I've had the opportunity to ride with were some great technical riders.

I highly doubt his wife is a sponsored rider that races in RMSHA. There are always exceptions to everything.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
dude your interesting,my woman started on an 06 m7 153,she picked up on back country super quick.she don't carry a lot of weight in her hips and thought an alpha would work better for her beings she don't have the weight to her advantage,and yeah she was right and rides the piss outa that thing.she has 2 street bikes,an 03 fat boy and a 19 cvo street glide and also rides the fuq outta them.we are not your typical cvo owners.our bikes never ride in a trailer and don't sit in a garage for talking points,we do multiple bike trips and ride them things everywhere.they get completely filthy.shes always in my rearview mirror and has done multiple 1000+ miles on long days.her bike gets completely loaded down tour pack,bags you name it and has zero issues on any highway keeping up.your thought that women aren't capable to do things like ride a boosted sled or such are asinine!and whatever your view is on "street bike territory",my guess is you aint met a real women,doing real things that "only men can do" I'm guessing your view on street bikes is.....riding around town "looking cool"parked in front of a bar talking big!i do agree with you though,a lot of people with a boosted sled pry don't need them,can't ride them to there full capabilities.its all look at me,listen to me talk about me,you seem to be one of those.its all an image to portray that your really something.your boasting about yourself here, does not seem to be working out for ya!noone seems at all impressed by your look at me mentality.
I bet you and your wife can rip on a liter bike. I was referring to the fact that the street bikes have got so out of control with how fast they are stock they probably shouldn't even be legal to the average Joe. Kids get themselves killed on them on a daily basis. As for not thinking woman are capable on a boosted, I think 3/4 of the men aren't capable. I don't discriminate. And yes you got me. I'm trying to show off and tell everyone how great I am on Snowest because that's how I get validation out of my life.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
With all the crap in the world are we really going to pretend the Will Smith slap was newsworthy? What a blown out load of crap all the hysteria is.

Meanwhile the athlete hero’s are slapping their wives, girlfriends around and it’s crickets.

Personally I know a handful of women riders that can rock a turbo, and just like the guys, turbos are a great tool for them on deep days, a bit much on most days, with the exception of the high elevation riders.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
dude your interesting,my woman started on an 06 m7 153,she picked up on back country super quick.she don't carry a lot of weight in her hips and thought an alpha would work better for her beings she don't have the weight to her advantage,and yeah she was right and rides the piss outa that thing.she has 2 street bikes,an 03 fat boy and a 19 cvo street glide and also rides the fuq outta them.we are not your typical cvo owners.our bikes never ride in a trailer and don't sit in a garage for talking points,we do multiple bike trips and ride them things everywhere.they get completely filthy.shes always in my rearview mirror and has done multiple 1000+ miles on long days.her bike gets completely loaded down tour pack,bags you name it and has zero issues on any highway keeping up.your thought that women aren't capable to do things like ride a boosted sled or such are asinine!and whatever your view is on "street bike territory",my guess is you aint met a real women,doing real things that "only men can do" I'm guessing your view on street bikes is.....riding around town "looking cool"parked in front of a bar talking big!i do agree with you though,a lot of people with a boosted sled pry don't need them,can't ride them to there full capabilities.its all look at me,listen to me talk about me,you seem to be one of those.its all an image to portray that your really something.your boasting about yourself here, does not seem to be working out for ya!noone seems at all impressed by your look at me mentality.
90% of post is bragging.
10% is talking trash about another guy bragging. ????

More irony the better.

Premium Features