• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R 155

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
How does it feel pulling on the rope?
My brother put a Cobra cord on his sled and if u don't put a death grip on the handle, it feels like it's going to dislocate ur knuckles.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Maybe clutch is too light

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Typical response I'd expect from a bully. "Whoa!! Hey hey hey I didn't mean...." soon as someone pushes back on your antics. Maybe you should lighten up a bit Francis and there would be no problem.
An old man once told me that when the whole world smells like cr@p it time to check my own pants.......
Take a minute and try to understand what he meant

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Typical response I'd expect from a bully. "Whoa!! Hey hey hey I didn't mean...." soon as someone pushes back on your antics. Maybe you should lighten up a bit Francis and there would be no problem.
If you think i was backpedaling you have reading comprehension problems.

Go read again………

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Excellent! Saturday night forum fight!!!
Who is gonna call who an insulting name first?
Hahahaha

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I’m up riding in the Bighorns with my dealer rep demo’ing sleds. He said the got a last minute allotment of two more boosts and 0 9r’s for snow check. I think they are already spoken for but maybe some other dealership maybe got an additional allotment for a 9R. As others mention may have to call around. And there is always the chance a persons financial situation changed where they back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Something tells me if you owned or own a business your employees are at the bar talking sh!t about you. My employees come first. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have a business to even have customers. It's one thing about an employee buying multiple pieces for resale at a profit. I imagine someone like this would be fired but I have absolutely no problem my dealer taking a sled for themselves before they got me one. If you don't like it go buy a dealership. You're just angry person from what I've seen you post. You take this too serious. Were you beat up in gradeschool everyday when you were young?
Last summer, our dealership chose to forgo having a demo pontoon which is mostly for our personal use. It is bad optics when customers are waiting for theirs while we are enjoying one. Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, customers are more important to a business bottom line than employees. Our customers are potentially there for life. Millennial & younger employees don't have that loyalty to their employer. For what it's worth, I was the same, always looking to better my position and try new challenges. So I do understand it.

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2018
It was in the news (snowmobile magazine news lol) that dealers had been using employees to get more snowchecks and that was considered a "gentlemans" no no. I think that was before the shortage happened. I was trying really hard to get one and couldn't is the only reason I saw the article. It is much better for a consumer when there is an overstock than a shortage lol. I tried the internet and I tried going to the shop but no luck . That's ok I have a daughter going to college so I can spend it in that lol!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hot take - you can be an employee and a customer at the same time. And both can be important at the same time. Most dealership employees are sledders and previous, current, and future customers.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Hot take - you can be an employee and a customer at the same time. And both can be important at the same time. Most dealership employees are sledders and previous, current, and future customers.
Very true.
And I would come to a compromise that benefits all parties. Like a higher employee discount on a sled that is not a limited availability. But I stand by the "bad optics" remark regarding owners or staff getting limited machines by denying them from existing retail customers.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I just don’t think it’s something happening in enough droves to worry about. Ya sure if you get 12 limited models and the store keeps half of them that sucks, but I have never seen that happen….not even close. The more likely scenario is they keep 1 of the latest/greatest for staff/owner use and show off. And then maybe an employee would buy one (to ride, not re-sell) …but again buy it with their own money, so at that point they are just a customer regardless of the pricing. I work as much as the next guy and don’t care what the optics of buying this or that model are. The gossip girls portion of the sled community with ALWAYS find a way to smack talk dealerships/clubs/employees regardless…so let them have their fun. We kept 0 Boosts this year…but the world would have kept turning had we done it differently. Plumbing parts are limited but pretty sure plumbers are still reno’ing their own houses without being questioned.

I get what you’re saying…but for 2 years literally all the popular models in a power sports store have been “limited.” So the notion that there will be 0 staff/owner purchases/demos is not gonna happen. The catch-all is that stores want to make money, so the balance sorts itself out

Last edited:

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Very true.
And I would come to a compromise that benefits all parties. Like a higher employee discount on a sled that is not a limited availability. But I stand by the "bad optics" remark regarding owners or staff getting limited machines by denying them from existing retail customers.

I agree. The demo we had out yesterday will probably be purchased by an employee after the racked up max allowed demo miles. Sure he’ll get a discount, but not without a benefit to the dealership as well. Parts guy was with and they had a couple personal sleds. I’m chatting with the sales rep things I like, don’t like. What we should add etc and gear with both him and the parts guy. I’ll go drop a couple grand this week in gear etc so the parts guys presence is justified business. Guy with his sons, one about college age stopped asking for directions. Started chatting with him, we asked them if the wanted to take a spin on the Matryx pro 165, sales rep does his demonstration and shows him the 7s etc. turns him loose on it and he comes back, tries the sales reps personal Turbo and oldest sone gives both a spin and both are giddy about buying new sleds. We discover their hometown dealership closed and frequently pass by my reps dealership so potentially 2 new customers plus 4 other young riders with them. Guy is from not far from you Mafesto just across the border in MN. Sales rep could do as you say Mafesto, and use that demo strictly for personal use and never “demo” it to a potential customer. They way he uses it for I’m perfectly ok with. Showing to current customers several setups and take the time to meet and greet potentials try the product and bring them into the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I don't really care if the employees buy a limited edition sled, they're paying for it, they're no different than me. It's the PROCESS though.
For example, my dealer is closed Monday's. Snow check release is Monday, how can I get ahold of him to claim a sled / allocation? Guess I could ask for his private number, but being a business owner,
I know it's nice to have a day off from the office once in a while.

So call 9:02 am Monday to check a 9R, "sorry all boosts and 9R's are gone" Really? In 2 mins? Ok, so clearly the field isn't level. I know of an ex-employee that has a 9R coming etc. Having friends in the right places is great, just doesn't help the regular guy.
And yes, I've bought many sleds / dirt bikes / parts and pieces, gear etc off them, I'm not a
"buy one sled every 7 years" kind of customer.

Make matters worse, my dealership provides Hoyer and Turcotte with their sleds. Super, expect Turcotte took 3 of the allocations on his own.
I get it, he's a paid athlete etc, and he needs the product to perform. But were those sleds of his taken from my dealers original allocations? Or did Factory Polaris add on those sleds for him, and the dealers inventory wasn't touched?

All that being said, looking at $9k Cdn to go from my low mile 850, to a 9R, so I think I'll just add some IceAge Khaos rails and their Fox shock kit, and call it a day. End of day, I was done a favour haha. And it wasn't all loss for my dealer, I checked a 650 PRO RMK off him,
lest anyone think I was too mad at him lol.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I just don’t think it’s something happening in enough droves to worry about. Ya sure if you get 12 limited models and the store keeps half of them that sucks, but I have never seen that happen….not even close. The more likely scenario is they keep 1 of the latest/greatest for staff/owner use and show off. And then maybe an employee would buy one (to ride, not re-sell) …but again buy it with their own money, so at that point they are just a customer regardless of the pricing. I work as much as the next guy and don’t care what the optics of buying this or that model are. The gossip girls portion of the sled community with ALWAYS find a way to smack talk dealerships/clubs/employees regardless…so let them have their fun. We kept 0 Boosts this year…but the world would have kept turning had we done it differently. Plumbing parts are limited but pretty sure plumbers are still reno’ing their own houses without being questioned.

I get what you’re saying…but for 2 years literally all the popular models in a power sports store have been “limited.” So the notion that there will be 0 staff/owner purchases/demos is not gonna happen. The catch-all is that stores want to make money, so the balance sorts itself out
Spring of '95 we saw the 1996 MXZ 583. Huge deal at the time.
I sold several, first one being to myself. Those days the factory simply built what you ordered. No problem. Well, for some reason, I cannot even remember anymore why, but we were shorted one unit. Well even though my order was first, it should have been my order that was dropped, but the boss said, "no, tell the last person to pick another sled". Well, he simply asked for his $500 back and didn't buy anything. In fact he quit sledding. That still sticks with me. Guess what happened to mine? I wrapped it around a tree. Karma at it's finest! Now, had I let him take it, I coulda had one of the two mid season release MXZ 670's which were very highly sought after! Must have been a good lesson because I remember it nearly 30 years later.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't really care if the employees buy a limited edition sled, they're paying for it, they're no different than me. It's the PROCESS though.
For example, my dealer is closed Monday's. Snow check release is Monday, how can I get ahold of him to claim a sled / allocation? Guess I could ask for his private number, but being a business owner,

So call 9:02 am Monday to check a 9R, "sorry all boosts and 9R's are gone" Really? In 2 mins? Ok, so clearly the field isn't level. I know of an ex-employee that has a 9R coming etc. Having friends in the right places is great, just doesn't help the regular guy.
And yes, I've bought many sleds / dirt bikes / parts and pieces, gear etc off them, I'm not a

Make matters worse, my dealership provides Hoyer and Turcotte with their sleds. Super, expect Turcotte took 3 of the allocations on his own.
I get it, he's a paid athlete etc, and he needs the product to perform. But were those sleds of his taken from my dealers original allocations? Or did Factory Polaris add on those sleds for him, and the dealers inventory wasn't touched?

All that being said, looking at $9k Cdn to go from my low mile 850, to a 9R, so I think I'll just add some IceAge Khaos rails and their Fox shock kit, and call it a day. End of day, I was done a favour haha. And it wasn't all loss for my dealer, I checked a 650 PRO RMK off him,
You don't spend enough money! ? I have the owner of my dealer's cell phone number. That kind of customer service to me is priceless. I actually have never dealt with a salesman at any powersports shop. I've been always lucky enough to be introduced to the owner.
As for Turcotte, he's a factory rider. His sleds aren't at the dealer level so he's not taking up a dealer's allotment.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I called the general manager at my dealer 30 minutes before they opened and put mine and my brothers deposits on 2022 boost sleds.

Great dealer with awesome service.

They know i buy everything oem through them. ??‍♂️

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
You don't spend enough money! ? I have the owner of my dealer's cell phone number. That kind of customer service to me is priceless. I actually have never dealt with a salesman at any powersports shop. I've been always lucky enough to be introduced to the owner.
As for Turcotte, he's a factory rider. His sleds aren't at the dealer level so he's not taking up a dealer's allotment.
hahaha oh no, one thing I don't have any trouble doing is spending money there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Like I mentioned, not overly concerned, with the prices these new ones are going for, and the fact I'm winding back the throttle some on my riding
(also have a snowbike I'm really loving these days) I'll spend less than 1/4 the cost of upgrading to the '23, and spruce up the '19 a bit !

Premium Features