• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Start stopped working and 7s Gauge won't power up with key on

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I have ES and 7s gauge on a '23 Boost. They both worked everytime until at the very end of the last ride I stopped and hit the kill switch but left the key on. All of the sudden the 7s Gauge turned off and when I tried to E-start it it tried to crank a few times but wouldn't turn over and the gauge wouldn't come back on with just the key on. I pull started it and the gauge came on and worked just fine while the sled was running. Got home and went to unload the sled and hit the E-start and it fired up. Got it unloaded and now it won't even try to start with the E-start and the 7s gauge won't come on with just the key on. The sled starts and runs everytime when pull started and the gauge always comes on when the sled is running. I checked the battery connections and everything is tight there. I checked the voltage on the battery and that is fine. I checked the 2 fuses above the battery and they are fine.

Anyone else seen this issue? What should I check next?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Pull the key out and let things dry good in a heated shop. My sled last week in insane deep powder went the other way and the display wouldn’t shut off with the key. Dried it out overnight in the heated trailer and then it was good.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I checked everything again including the Relay and diodes and everything checked out. I pulled the 2 amp fuse AGAIN on the Elec Start wiring harness and looked at with a light behind it and it looked good but I swapped it with the Spare 2 amp fuse in the fuse block and the gauge turned on and the sled starts right up. To my naked eye that 2 AMP fuse looked fine. I checked it with a multimeter and sure enough it's bad.

Thanks for the replies and hopefully this helps anyone else in the future with this same issue.

B
Oct 10, 2017
I have ES and 7s gauge on a '23 Boost. They both worked everytime until at the very end of the last ride I stopped and hit the kill switch but left the key on. All of the sudden the 7s Gauge turned off and when I tried to E-start it it tried to crank a few times but wouldn't turn over and the gauge wouldn't come back on with just the key on. I pull started it and the gauge came on and worked just fine while the sled was running. Got home and went to unload the sled and hit the E-start and it fired up. Got it unloaded and now it won't even try to start with the E-start and the 7s gauge won't come on with just the key on. The sled starts and runs everytime when pull started and the gauge always comes on when the sled is running. I checked the battery connections and everything is tight there. I checked the voltage on the battery and that is fine. I checked the 2 fuses above the battery and they are fine.

Anyone else seen this issue? What should I check next?
I had this issue on a 2024.. Positive cable on battery needed to be tightened, now back to normal.

Premium Features