• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

280 Camso on a drop and rolled sled

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
How many guys have done the 280 camso on a earlier proclimb along with the drop and roll MC update? I have do so and have a track rub issue someplace seems only on deceleration when going over a bump or dropping off an incline. any ideas?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
MC drop case

I did the MC drop and roll on a 2016 800 ltd with a Kmod rear skid and a 174X3 inch X3 track with no problems.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Your track is hitting your tunnel. Look under there and you'll see a bunch of black marks...that is where it's hitting. Increase the track tension a bit...do it to spec where you hang weight from it and check for how much is sags.

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
Your track is hitting your tunnel. Look under there and you'll see a bunch of black marks...that is where it's hitting. Increase the track tension a bit...do it to spec where you hang weight from it and check for how much is sags.

Black tunnel thought lol

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Rail caps

Trim your rail caps to the minimum or better yet, remove them. I did this on my 2015 with a 3" Powerclaw and so far, do good.

It's possible the rail caps are hitting the drivers.
There's no rail caps on my ice age rails in my Kmod skid. Just an anti stab kit.
Made try removing rail caps and adding a anti stab kit.

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
It's possible the rail caps are hitting the drivers.
There's no rail caps on my ice age rails in my Kmod skid. Just an anti stab kit.
Made try removing rail caps and adding a anti stab kit.

Easiest way I've found to see if the rail caps are hitting the drivers is to grab a 2x4 (or something similar) to go across the bottom of the track. Put that on top of a floor jack right underneath the front arm of the rear skid. Start raising it until you either see; the rail caps hitting the drivers, or you find that you can bottom out the front shock with clearance.

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
Just thought I would give a final update in-case this thread is ever found in the future, I cut the rail caps back and rounded them a little, got to ride this weekend and not one time did the problem reoccur. so advise to anyone doing the drop and roll, Trim your rail caps!

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Just thought I would give a final update in-case this thread is ever found in the future, I cut the rail caps back and rounded them a little, got to ride this weekend and not one time did the problem reoccur. so advise to anyone doing the drop and roll, Trim your rail caps!

Didnt read the thred and was just about to comment that rail caps were probably your issue when I spotted your comment glad you found it. Yes I have heard of this on a few there is almost no clearance for your rails without trimming. Any bump they are going to hit.

Premium Features