• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Ideas/thoughts on Epic 280 track for axys 163 with Silber Turbo?

Nov 8, 2020
Looking to replace my 163/2.6 track that started having small pieces of rubber come off on the underside right where it runs on the rear boggy wheels. I’m looking at the Epic 280 part# 9407M 162x15x2.8, 3.0” pitch track. I know the stock track is a 2.86” pitch so thinking I would need to change drivers? Was thinking about going to the Avid extrovert drivers along with anti stab anyway because of the turbo so I don’t have to run the track so tight. If I went this route do I have to trim the rails (hoping not)? Does anyone have any experience with this track on a axys or a similar setup? The other question rolling around in my head is how much a setup like this may change gearing with track weight difference, track pitch, ext. Probably just have to do some tuning to get it back to what I like for gearing. Thanks in advance for thoughts and ideas.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I put an epic 162 2.8 on my 20’ khaos 850 with turbo. I really liked that track in the powder. Did 3” avids and an anti stab. I had the pro gears on my belt drive.

Nov 8, 2020
I put an epic 162 2.8 on my 20’ khaos 850 with turbo. I really liked that track in the powder. Did 3” avids and an anti stab. I had the pro gears on my belt drive.
Did you fully clip it? Did the epic perform better or worse than the stock 2.6 in both powder or packed snow? What kind of mileage did you get out of the epic and would you consider it a durable track? Thanks

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
My Epic 280 was toast after a few rides under a normally aspirated 800 (tossed paddles every ride). I can't imagine the hurt that a boosted sled would put on it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Left the epic track factory stock. Never had a problem with the stock Polaris track as I pretty much never see a trail. The epic 280 performed better than the stock 2.6 in the powder, it was worth the money.

Premium Features