• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo REVEAL

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I own doo but ride with plenty of poo and cat buddies and for anyone to say there's a noticeable difference in a higher rotational difference that ACTUALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE well that's some kind of poo or kitty laid your drinking lol. Like I said I ride them all hence the fun of with riding buddies that ride difference options. Not one of them when trading sleds has ever mentioned OH I THINK YOUR SECONDARY SITS HIGHER THAN MY CAT OR POO AND MAKES YOUR DOO SUCK. Some people 🙄.
Is doo best over hell no but come on really.

"Lighten up, Francis." - Sergeant Hulka

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Simple physics. Centralizing mass (helps to make the sled feel more nimble and makes the sled easier to maneuver) is beneficial. Getting the mass low and reducing rotating mass reduces the centrifugal force which makes the sled easier to maneuver and yields quicker acceleration.

We have Poos and Doos in our groups. Riding them back to back with the same track length you can feel the difference. The Poo spools up quicker with the belt drive and is more "flickable" with its lower rotating mass.

Poo's lower approach angle at the front of the track also helps the sled pop up on the snow and trench less than the Doos.

Those differences likely account for the difference in the way the two sleds handle. Cat has done the same thing as Poo and lowered rotating mass and centralized it. The Poo and Cats will feel likely similar because of that.
i understand what your're saying and i'm not denying that the physics are taking place. i'm skeptical though that it can be felt and therefore doo needs to address it. regarding the approach angle of the track--i don't have an opinion on that.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
i understand what your're saying and i'm not denying that the physics are taking place. i'm skeptical though that it can be felt and therefore doo needs to address it. regarding the approach angle of the track--i don't have an opinion on that.

In the end, I'd trade it all for a lot more snow!

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yeah, this year was a bust although not quite over.
let's hope el nino doesn't return anytime soon.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I can't wait for the GPS module for the big gauge. Riding today with a buddy, mine lost connection with my phone so many times. my buddy probably got sick of it and me screwing with it... constantly opening the glove box.. I'm so sick of having to use my phone.

Has anyone been able to order get their dealer to pre order that GPS module yet? I havn't tried.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I can't wait for the GPS module for the big gauge. Riding today with a buddy, mine lost connection with my phone so many times. my buddy probably got sick of it and me screwing with it... constantly opening the glove box.. I'm so sick of having to use my phone.

Has anyone been able to order get their dealer to pre order that GPS module yet? I havn't tried.
Yes, you can pre-order it.

Gremon

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2011
Colorado
Those are the same problems I’m having with my G5 165… sitting at the top of the hill waiting for my poo buddies to get up to me with their low secondaries.😉

Premium Features