• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 skidoo summit 800 not starting, no spark

S
Nov 20, 2018
I’m having some issues starting my sled after sitting all summer, and having a hell of a time figuring out what’s wrong. Main issue is no/intermittent spark. I’ve gotten only a few sparks over a few days of trying different things, mostly it doesn’t spark at all in either plug. When I pull the cord the Speedo lights up for a second. Here’s what I’ve tried: replaced the plugs, tested continuity and ground and resistance in a bunch of places and haven’t found anything unusual. Tried starting it with the main plug from the stator unplugged, which is supposed to bypass the key and kill switch, nothing. From what I can tell with the voltmeter there’s nothing wrong with the stator. Visually inspecting the wires and connections I haven’t seen any corrosion or anything else weird. The sleds been stored inside all its life and has low miles, so everything is in super clean shape. My next step is to find a new ECU and plug it in and see if that fixes anything. Any other suggestions?

Also, anyone know where I could get a service manual for the sled? I can’t find one anywhere (even to buy). It’s a 2008 skidoo summit 800 summit with electric start

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
If it ran good last year, there's a good chance it may be fuel related. Pour a drip of mixed gas in the spark plug hole & see if it will fire up.

S
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the manual, that's super helpfull! I'm pretty sure it's not fuel related since the plugs aren't sparking? Unless there's some way the fuel could mess with that?

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
REV-XP Wiring Harness Issues No. 2008-20

Voltage Regulator Wires Chafing, Taillight Wires Chafing

Intermittent Electrical Fluctuations on XP's

We've had a few reports on fluctuations in electrical power on a few REV-XPTM model units. Dealers have reported finding the RD/BL wire contacting the frame in the area of the voltage regulator. The regulator and associated wiring can be found directly behind the chain-case and can be easily accessed by removing the after muffler. Simply repair any damage to the wiring. DC voltage is supplied through the regulator originating from the stator and the entire system is dependent a constant supply. Regulator output can be tested at any available RD/BL wire found in the chaincase area.

Premium Features