• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19’ 850 Power Limiter Options

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I’ve been looking at getting another sled that my 10-year-old, 14-year-old and wife could ride. I have a lead on a 2019 850 155 for cheap and thinking it would be better to get something like this, if I was able to limit the power and increase as they became more familiar and comfortable.

Has anyone ever put a power/throttle limiter someway, electronically or clutching to elimanate scaring the crap out of them until they’re ready? ?

Z
Apr 21, 2010
just throttle won't work that great. What you could do is go with a softer initial, primary clutch spring.
This will make the sled start to pull forward at a lower rpm, lower rpm less power. Then also install heavier clutch weights so that engine
is loaded down and won't pull such high rpm when throttle to the bars. Also can go into secondary clutch and make that not go into or hold such a aggressive
downshift. You'll have to kinda see or research whats in there now to order/buy the parts Ive mentioned.
But in general , no loose throttle, no throttle block, just ride the way it goes now ( after those changes ).
Any knowledgable shop can sort that out for you.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
just throttle won't work that great. What you could do is go with a softer initial, primary clutch spring.
This will make the sled start to pull forward at a lower rpm, lower rpm less power. Then also install heavier clutch weights so that engine
is loaded down and won't pull such high rpm when throttle to the bars. Also can go into secondary clutch and make that not go into or hold such a aggressive
downshift. You'll have to kinda see or research whats in there now to order/buy the parts Ive mentioned.
But in general , no loose throttle, no throttle block, just ride the way it goes now ( after those changes ).
Any knowledgable shop can sort that out for you.
Thanks. Was thinking that could work with clutching.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I agree with clutching, make it less rippy- lower engagement and lower rpm on top. I wouldn't mess with the throttle cable or linkage. As long as everyone is safe and responsible IMO it's best to learn on a capable machine than an incapable machine.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
the hose clamp sounds good, and then to smooth out the engagement the softer primary spring would work. could go softer on initial and final rates and that should lower top rpm and engagement.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
That sled ended up selling and I ended up grabbing a skidoo Neo + plus to add to the herd.

Premium Features