• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 spindle kit or power commander.?.?.

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I can't decide if I want to get the 2016 cat spindle/arm update or adding a power commander. I can only do one at this time. What would you do?

Back ground is I ride a 14 m8000 162 2.6. Mds weights/spring, SSI y-pipe, speedwerx L2 can. Intake relocation. Speedwerx intake vents and lots of body vents. Slp powder pros, rox 2" riser forward. I ride the heavy deep cascade mountain snow. I prefer to climb.

I'm leaning towards the suspension upgrade, seems like a great gain to assist in better side hill riding but the lowend motor bog drives me nuts and I also like more hp so that's my reason for the power commander.

Wes

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
16 front end for sure. And yes your bog is most likely caused by the Throttle position sensor being out of wack. Had the same thing going on with my 14. Once re-calibrated it ran like a champ again.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You have a tool that plugs into the tps on the throttle body. There is a specific voltage for fully closed and fully open. You adjust the tps location on the throttle body to correspond with those values.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
IMO if you climb the power commander and a pipe is what I would do if you ride more technical trees side hilling front end just my opinion

N
Sep 16, 2012
You have a tool that plugs into the tps on the throttle body. There is a specific voltage for fully closed and fully open. You adjust the tps location on the throttle body to correspond with those values.

Couldn't this be done with a simple voltmeter like on a car?

G
Jan 18, 2012
funny thing is I had a dealer up here in MAINE plug into my TPS sensor they are so useless they didn't know where to check for my TPS voltage..... or what the range is... pretty sad we still have to try and diagnose our sleds and dealer "mechanics" cant

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You cannot calibrate the TPS with the Powercommander.

You can calibrate the Powercommander TO the TPS, but in order to calibrate or "set" your TPS you have to hook it up to the tool, plug in the volt meter, and set the voltage values in coordination to you fully closed and fully open throttle positions. In the PCV software you are simply making sure that the PCV is using a near 0% value at closed and 100% at open. It is a different process and there is a lot of confusion about it. Hope this helps.

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
2016 front end kit is ordered. I was thinking should I change my powder pro ski mount holes with this new front end? Currently I run my ski plates in the forward hole..

Premium Features