• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 skidoo xp 800r knock sensor

K

kyle28

Jun 26, 2012
Bigfork Montana
I have a 2009 summit X 800r. Out riding this weekend I landed on my side pretty hard on a whip. when I started my sled back up I got a engine knock code and engine light. the code has not gone away sense then and is there threw all rpm ranges and idle. motor runs great and can not hear any noise coming from it. after it happened at idle the sled would switch from forwards to reverse and back without touching the rer button. it but is not doing that any more though. I have taken apart all electrical connections and blown them out and all look good. I tried disconnecting the knock sensor at the connection and unbolting it leaving it connected. have had no luck. gas was fine as the other sleds in my group fuel up at the same pump before me. I had about 75 miles on it sense I put a new top end in it when it started. sled has not had ecm updated. thank you in advanced.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have a 2009 summit X 800r. Out riding this weekend I landed on my side pretty hard on a whip. when I started my sled back up I got a engine knock code and engine light. the code has not gone away sense then and is there threw all rpm ranges and idle. motor runs great and can not hear any noise coming from it. after it happened at idle the sled would switch from forwards to reverse and back without touching the rer button. it but is not doing that any more though. I have taken apart all electrical connections and blown them out and all look good. I tried disconnecting the knock sensor at the connection and unbolting it leaving it connected. have had no luck. gas was fine as the other sleds in my group fuel up at the same pump before me. I had about 75 miles on it sense I put a new top end in it when it started. sled has not had ecm updated. thank you in advanced.

what head is on her, Did you check the squish?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Knock sensor

Two things come to mind: 1) Swap in a known good knock sensor from a correct functioning engine These sensors have a "personality") 2) Check the reverse switch and it's wiring/connectors associated. Put dialectric grease in all wire connections.

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
I’d take it easy on the dielectric grease on the reverse switch . too much and it will short out and cause all sorts of nice little problems. Better to just adjust the position so the moister runs out during rides.​

Premium Features