• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 rev 800r with 3d rave issues new install

T
So, the original engine didn't have the 3d rave. Also only had 1 rave solenoid on original setup so I only have wiring for one.
Can I setup this engine using one solenoid.
It'll start, idles poorly backfires etc.
Raves both work and move as they should. To test I put a hose connecting both raves together. Pressing on one, moved the other and so on.
Please, I'm stumped and need help.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
It's not even a kit, a hole gets drilled through the housing to allow exhaust pressure to move the bellow and the internal spring inside the bellow gets moved to be between the bellow and the housing. I did it on my old Rev when solenoids went bad and it worked. It was a while ago so I don't remember the specific size and location of the hole, but I do remember I found it on dootalk.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

T
It's not even a kit, a hole gets drilled through the housing to allow exhaust pressure to move the bellow and the internal spring inside the bellow gets moved to be between the bellow and the housing. I did it on my old Rev when solenoids went bad and it worked. It was a while ago so I don't remember the specific size and location of the hole, but I do remember I found it on dootalk.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately I didn't find any posts regarding this, which is why I posted here about it. Hypotheticals, no offense, don't do me any good. Appreciate the thought however.

Premium Features