• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 d7 for the wife

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I'm going to look at a 2007 dragon 700 for my wife / backup sled. Anything I should look for or future updates I should consider. Has about 1200 miles. I've these are pretty reliable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

S
Nov 6, 2002
Alaska
Very good machine! My wife "stole" mine from me a few years ago. I don't know your wife's age or size, but that is the only year that the IQ 700 had a double ring piston. I had to add electric start cuz it was too tough for her to start when the engine was cold. Add some vents and scratchers and you are good to go!

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Intake boots can rip and cause the motor to run lean and seize up. Other than that I don't know of many issues these sleds have. Some people have had voltage regulator/TPS problems, I personally have not.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Best sled Polaris has made in years. May not have the "flickability" of a Pro, but it has plenty of power and VERY dependable. I've kept mine for all these years (snow checked in '06) because NOTHING has been made that is more dependable than an 07 D7!

Little things to do to ensure longevity: Seal around the headlight to keep powder out of the airbox. Seal off the factory drip hole in the airbox and drill a new hole off to either side (factory hole drips right into the exhaust valve and rusts out the spring causing the valve to open pre-maturely).

Sweetness!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Very Clean Sled!! Wow.. How do you keep it that clean??

That is a older photo taken after the second season. But, I do clean my sled after every trip and do a thorough cleaning at the end and begining of every season.

A well maintained 700 will last a long time.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I'm going to look at a 2007 dragon 700 for my wife / backup sled. Anything I should look for or future updates I should consider. Has about 1200 miles. I've these are pretty reliable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

I had a 2007 D7, rode it trouble-free for 5000 miles before it ate a piston. VERY HAPPY overall with the 07 D7 !

2 of my buds that ride with me have the identical 2007 D7 sleds, around 3,500+ miles each, no problems.

Check out my TECH TIPS & BEST BANG for YOUR BUCK thread under INCREASING YOUR IQ pinned at the top of this section

Here's the link

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177443

Last edited:
Premium Features