• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need some convincing, looking at a 23 xpert turbo 154 3"

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
So ive been on my turbo pro rmk axys 155 for the last 4 seasons and ive really had a great experience riding this sled. However, im considering trying something new and grabbing a g5 summit turbo. Im kinda on the fence right now about picking up this sled, as i know the polaris boosts are doing pretty well, short of the odd and end motor failure(shocker i know) and some of the clutches coming apart. Otherwise, they have been pretty darn solid. Again though, im wanting to get on something different and ride a doo again for a little while. Anything i should know before i go take a look at this sled? its got 1400 miles on it, but has another 3 years of warranty.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
The chains have been breaking because they were built with the wrong parts and some of them eat belts. Power is amazing and handing is excellent although they are a little difficult to get on edge in very hard snow.

It might take a little getting used too coming off a poo but dang they are fun.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I have ridden friends G5 turbo and boosts this year. Both are amazing. I notice more turbo lag on the boost. G5 throttle response is pretty close to NA sleds.

D
Dec 22, 2018
There is allways bad apples, theres tons of G5 sold and most of them work great. First year new chassis you allways get parts shortage but Im sure 2024 thats not problem anymore. What comes to chain issues, Im sure there will be upgrade from Doo. If you want to be sure, just ask your dealer to install BW Hyvo chain & sprockets before pickup.

Otherwise its hard to find anything bad from G5. Well glove box is too small. But thats about it. Maybe I would change 2024 Freeride spindles, I felt they work better than current ones.

Engine is the best there is, Chassis is strong yet lightweight, new track and rear suspension pops up the sled really good and these are absolute rocket ships up the hill and still playfull. Between stock sleds there is no contest tbh. King of the hill.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I own a Gen 5 and a boost. I’ll be the bad guy as I’m sour with skidoo. Had another break down with a Gen 5 in my group Friday, this particular sled has been to the shop 3x in 250km absolute lemon. The warranty claims between all 3 of our Gen 5’s has been absolutely ridiculous this season. The Gen 5 does have the best motor but you are giving up handling as the matryx is the best chassis. If you have other Polaris riders in the group with 7s displays it is unbeatable for convenience and safety. If you are going the Gen 5 route check clutch’s 2 of ours have been belt blowers, check coolant line from reservoir some have been rubbing almost through the line, check the track rods as they have been breaking, check running boards especially at the rear as they have been breaking, anything else has been more mechanical failure with ours which would leave the sled not running. Big upgrades to the Gen 5 are spindles and skis. I’d also do suspension, at 1400 miles it’s worn out, stock suspension is horrible on these sleds if you ride aggressively or weigh over 200lbs.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
We have 5 G5 turbos in our group. One guy finished the season with 4400km others are in the 2000-2800km and I was the lowest amount of miles.

No blown belts, no broken chaincases. Clutches could come setup better other than that no one had any major issues or complaints.

Keep in mind most people come to these forums to complain about issues not to praise. So the topics will always seem one sided no matter the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
I’ve run one got a ton of miles and smiles. Had some issues no doubt but still very pleased with the sled . I strongly believe at the price of sleds now days there should be very few if any issues. Some guys expect less than I do and that’s ok too

Premium Features