• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions please!

I
Dec 20, 2022
North Dakota
Okay, I’m looking at another used sled - my wife has claimed mine. We ride trails and ditches mostly. A fair bit of the ditches are drifts, powder, etc. Need to be able to keep up with new Switchbacks, Renegades, and ZR6000s in our group. Have a smaller budget so here’s what I’ve narrowed it down to based on what’s available relatively local and with lower miles in my price range in order of cheapest to most expensive:

-2004 F7 Firecat (EFI w/can, 4k miles)
-2007 Dragon 700 (EFI, Reverse, studded, 2500 miles)
-2009 Summit 800 (carb, reverse, e start, 2500 miles but may be sold)

Guide me on your suggestions and experiences please! Unfortunately, I don’t have a ton of time to go test ride each one and need to pull the trigger tomorrow which I know is the worst way to shop… thanks!

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
The XP Doos were solid. I still have two of them. Fun to play around on and fairly reliable. Plus they sold a billion of them so parts are easy to come by. E-start is great too if you can get it. Plus it has RER.

I’ve also ridden a F7 Firecat for trail riding in Northern Michigan. We still have it. It has about 10k miles and still kicking. It’s easy to ride and it’s fast, but it’s not so great if you’re riding bumps and trying to jump through ditches and whatnot. No e start and no reverse.

Never owned or rode the Dragon but I think many would say to steer clear of an 07 Polaris

I’d go with the Doo.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I agree on getting a Doo, but the summits are mountain sleds not the best for trails. I wouldn’t touch the Dragon long history of problems.

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
If you want trails, the F series are solid. The F7s make way more power and are just flat out more fun to ride than the F6s IMO. F7 EFI was pretty tried and true. Plus you’ll be faster in a drag race than some of those new 600s if you’re into that sort of thing.

Last edited:
I
Dec 20, 2022
North Dakota
I’m thinking the F7 is the ticket personally but the F6 is the newer style chassis and has reverse so that’s what’s making the decision tough. The F7 is the closest and cheapest too. Plus it’s chain drive which I hear is better than Diamond Drive which I think the F6 would have?

Premium Features