• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with 06 700 RMK clutching

D
Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys I have a 2006 RMK 700. It's my first winter with it and I'm starting to get some sticking weights and it looks like I may have lost a button or two. So I guess it time for a rebuild. I've never done it before but I do have access to the tools needed to disassemble the clutch.

My sled has several SLP upgrades including the full exhaust, ECU tune, highflow airbox/rad delete. It's been stretched out to a 155" track. I ride below 2000ft and it's mainly flatland with some hills. I like to play in the powder but I also use this machine for ice fishing until I get my new one.

Also would this clutch have the wide or narrow rollers so I know which kit to buy thanks.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
When the interior fiber bearing on the swing weights get worn, the swing weight impact the clutch housing and can lead to a catastrophic clutch failure. Make sure the weights do not wobble. Add graphite to all the stuff around the swing weights. If you lost a button then you have an old high mileage primary clutch, and you probably need new weights. Take it apart or look on Carl's for part numbers to buy off of Ebay. No special tools required to replace weights and buttons. Also get yourself some 2000 grit sandpaper and take of any rust on your center shaft so everything slides real nice.

Premium Features