• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Terrain dominator snowcheck only or am I wrong

Turbo Dragon Man

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2011
I am curious to know if the terrain dominator a were a snowcheck only or if you can get them like the regular pro. Reason being there still listed on there site as a regular sled it seems like.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Good question.
My dealer has two on the floor for sale. I do not believe they have the 3 year warranty if not snow checked though.
155 and 163 Dominators.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ya they are selling them I know 2 guys who have their 2015s already.. Nothing changed for 15 so it was easy for Polaris to just print graphics, change VIN #'s to 15 and sell a few more 14 holdovers in my opinion ; )

B

benny7cfan

Sep 11, 2009
MN
It is suppose to be a limited edition model but it was not limited to snowcheck only. I guess it comes down to the definition of limited edition...could be defined as a couple weeks, months, or even a model year.

As documented the advantage with the snowcheck of a TD Pro RMK is the warranty and golden ticket. Sweet sled tho!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Usually the theory is that only a certain amount of limited edition sleds are made. If they are all snow checked, then there is nothing left to buy after snow check. You would have to buy a non LE model. I don't understand how some people already have '15 sleds though.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Just about all the larger western dealers got a 155 and 163 2015 TD sled and yes, all of them were/are for sale. The dealer in Idaho Falls sold the 155 pretty quick and last I knew they still had the 163. The 163 even had the X3 track on it. Eric

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I thought about the Terrain Dominator, but really didn't see the value in it.
No electric start, no options on bags other than the Burandt bag, really no color options and they were more money than a loaded out Pro LE.
In the end I checked a 15 Pro LE black, clickers, all bags, low windshield, low bars, black tunnel and rails.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
I didn't see the value in the td either. Now that they will be everywhere I am glad I chose the LE. I wouldn't be happy if I checked a TD thinking it was Snowcheck only and then everyone bought one during the regular season. Think the value on will be worse, because there are going to be a ton of them.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Haven't really been keeping up, was planning to take the year off but the bug got to me at the last day and had to do it !!
Got the Pro, but what's the difference between the "regular" pro all tittered out with the walkers etc, and the TD version?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Haven't really been keeping up, was planning to take the year off but the bug got to me at the last day and had to do it !!
Got the Pro, but what's the difference between the "regular" pro all tittered out with the walkers etc, and the TD version?

TD comes with Ultimate Bumpers and a Wrap and colored spindles... thats pretty much it really.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I'm thinking the TD will be available as an in-season model simply because it was elligable for the "$600 in accessories or $450 off list price" promotion and the LE's were not...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Minus the wrap you were able to snow check the Pro RMK (non TD) for cheaper than the TD with the same stuff!

Premium Features