• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Numerous MCX-Nytro questions.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Washers

Where are you guys putting these washers? My belt is also running low in the sec. Shockwave all buttons are good new springs. How much twist on the sec spring? I'm running purple sec. with 78 gram daltons in prime.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Where are you guys putting these washers? My belt is also running low in the sec. Shockwave all buttons are good new springs. How much twist on the sec spring? I'm running purple sec. with 78 gram daltons in prime.

Pull the secondary off the jack shaft. On the back side of the secondary there are 3 #8 bolts that you can pull off and put shims behind them. The bigger the shim the closer the secondary sheaves will be thus higher/tighter belt.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Lower then I thought.

belt.jpg

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I notice the 3 bolts also wear faster on the turbo applications, probably due to stiffer secondary springs. So after a couple of seasons if the sled creeps forward at idle check for bolt wear, 3 new bolts is a cheap fix.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
You would think if the bolts where wearing out it would ride higher with less shim? That is, the bolts would be shorter. I have been busy renovating and havent had a chance to change the the shims to just 1mm and go for a test ride. Its also been too dam cold! Supposed to warm up this weekend.

Later

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Well sure enough I finally checked the shockwave and that pin was starting to work its way back. I wonder if that happened when I was changing the spring. Only the one pin was working its way out.

Also none of the pins have c clips or anything to hold them except pressure is that normal?

Still havent done a test run to see what the rpms are at.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
all the pins should have clips. they seem to come off when belt frays hit them, poor design. i check mine after every ride

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
So how did this set-up work for you? Any recommendations. I am talking about the clutching part of this post.

Thanks

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
They nytro fluctuate rpm more then most. I found with the mentioned clutching set up that the rpms where more consistent once I started running the 270hp set up. I plan to do some more testing this year to try and get things nailed down.

Good news on the 4 stroke is the top of the dyno chart it makes decent hp over a relatively large amount of rpm. 8400-8900 is pretty close. With the mcx data logger you can definately see the rpms jumping all over the place but as long as most are around 8700 it is pulling pretty hard.

GL-without the display you are taking your life in your hands trying to watch the rpms on that small display at full boost! :face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features