• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A little help for a new guy...

D
Jan 20, 2013

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
they sound high priced but do have low miles. id try to widdle him down for them. look for belt debris on the 08, threads dust fragments. seeing this might mean the frame is tweaked.

do a couple searches in the xp section for bent chassis threads kind of give a heads up

it looks like hes not much of a sledder with the comment changed all fluids. probably a sucker and you might be able to come prepared and widdle him quite a bit with a little bit of research

D
Jan 20, 2013
they sound high priced but do have low miles. id try to widdle him down for them. look for belt debris on the 08, threads dust fragments. seeing this might mean the frame is tweaked.

do a couple searches in the xp section for bent chassis threads kind of give a heads up

it looks like hes not much of a sledder with the comment changed all fluids. probably a sucker and you might be able to come prepared and widdle him quite a bit with a little bit of research

Thanks!

I'll look into the bent chassis threads!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Guess I think they're pretty fairly priced if you want XPs and they're in as good a shape as they look.
Heck I just got $4500 for my 08 M1000 about 1500 miles. It wasn't a pile. Pretty decent sled in fact but it's a 1000 and was gonna need some work and $.
The 600 is a etec right so awesome sled there.
It is getting late in the season to sell but $10k for both would seem like a good deal. Not stealing them but fair price.
Right though the 08 xps were the light weight ones that started the pinecone revolution haha. As long as it's straight.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
If you really want to powder ride and aren't that good the XPs are more planted and harder to hold on edge than some other sleds though. Probably do better on a M8 if your looking to spend about 5k

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Decent but overpriced. I'd offer $9000 for both and the trailer.

If you are new to the sport then you haven't developed a predjudice yet. The XPs handle just fine. There are things you can do to make them handle even better for free or cheap. Ask to see the paperwork on the 08 for the driveshaft update and CHECK OUT THE CRANK. Prolly best to take them to a dealer to look at them or hook up with a buddy that knows.

Although an M8 is not a bad choice either. Do not go after any Polaris 800 in that set of years.

Premium Features