• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SP shocks vs X shocks

M
Oct 5, 2014
What is the difference between the shocks, other than the x being rebuildable. Are they valved the same? Seems like the sp is stiffer and had less rebound than the x, which made it handle better and be more stable. What is everybody else thinking, thnx

M
Oct 5, 2014
Thnx Norona, appreciate all the vids u make and answering my question, helps a guy make an educated decision on what to do.

M
Oct 5, 2014
Is it just the difference between the spring settings that differs the ride if their the same valving? Trying to decide x or sp, thnx

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
On the XM models I felt the dampening on the SP shocks was starting to go after a season of riding -- in the moguls they start to heat up and loose all the dampening.
The X model can be rebuild for a few hundred bucks and also re-valved if needed.
I also like the running boards on the SP better they are part of the tunnel and much tougher. The billet ones on the x bent the bars when you hit stumps and are only riveted to the tunnel with just a few rivets (I did sheer one rivet on mine) the difference in snow buildup is almost 0. So if you think on upgrading shocks down the road go SP if not go X.
That would be my suggestion.

Premium Features