• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013/14 XM turbo kit options

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
My riding buddy ran an aerocharger on his 13xm that was set up by felkers. He was basically pull and go all season. He was on a 50% race gas tune I believe. I don't think he ever messed with anything other than going to a wider belt to get lower engagement. I would recommend based on his experience.

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
One guy had an boondocker on his 13 ski doo and the year before had a aerocharger on his 12 and said that the aero ran way better than the boondocker and aerocharger is easier to intall. But if you want a kit that will out run every one go with the tss new insta boost kit buy you will have to fork out a little more than the aerocharger kit runs. I have not seen the aerocharger snow to air kit yet though.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
But if you want a kit that will out run every one go with the tss new insta boost kit.

I would wait until a few more then just there R&D kits get out there to say that, at the end of the day, its still a standard sized turbo and w/a IC. They look to run darn good from the videos, but the MICKU bro's can ride hard and make em look especially impressive!

glad to see the ETEC market finally has some competition so people have choices and kit development gets pushed even more!:face-icon-small-coo

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
Well every silber kit i have seen has lag and doesnt have good power from it.. The price of a silber isnt worth it you can get a aerocharger for 650 $$$ more and twice as good. tss kit that was on a 12 etec i saw and talked to the guy ran like a champ no lag.

S
Jan 10, 2008
Victor Idaho
Aerocharger

I've installed several turbos
And my vote goes to Aerocharger
I've worked with Ski Doo, Aero and Felker
Easy install
Plugs into factory harness
Easy to clutch
AWESOME POWER

I am at every hillclimb and on a Skii Doo
There is nothing beating it

We use EZ RYDE skids and stock skid w/revalved shocks with success

I've also installed BD AND Silber with ok results

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
What are your thoughts on aerochargers new snow to air intercooler? I dont really like the idea of cutting up a brand new sled. It would have to add huge gains for me to consider it.

Thanks for the feedback

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
How about some real high end stuff, 10 psi and up

garret 2871,2876 or Tial turbo 2871, ETC.. I'm running a Twisted RG 2871 @10 PSi on Avgas and interested in the same kind of performance but in a XM. with boost it box, or bullydog, or plug and ride ECU- no fuel box. type setup, wanting over 250 HP. who's got what????

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
garret 2871,2876 or Tial turbo 2871, ETC.. I'm running a Twisted RG 2871 @10 PSi on Avgas and interested in the same kind of performance but in a XM. with boost it box, or bullydog, or plug and ride ECU- no fuel box. type setup, wanting over 250 HP. who's got what????
I hope to get up to the flathead to visit some folks and go out for a demo ride, you should come out and see what they can do, the 154 on 7-8# of boost isnt gonna climb like your current setup, but i will be surprised if you want to get back on your M for anything but a big chute.

D
Jan 9, 2008
turbo

we will be running the full power performance etec turbo kit
this a pump gas set-up that will be 190 hp trail-290 hp race
if you were at hay days we were at the ice age performance booth with our brand new build
we will be trail riding it through the winter then racing it
justin has tested this for 2 years
this is the cleanest install i have seen ,all inside the panel
i will chime back as winter rolls along

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC

From what Ive seen, a low boost XM is going to have the leg up on a boosted M even at 10-12lbs. The boondocker kit I rode was gross on the bottom end, but on top at 6-7lbs (even running pump gas I think I remember), it would absolutely destroy and M series on 10-12lbs. Heard this from alot of other people as well. I think Davidoff even said the same thing about the guys he rides with vs. his boosted cat. I remember reading him saying he had to run WAY more boost to be with/ahead of them.

H
Nov 10, 2011
I got '12 etec with TSS turbo kit with boost it box, 9pnds on straight 100ll fuel, 800km with 0 issues, slight bog off the line but pulls like a freight train! Would never buy a 4 stroke unless they weighed under 490pnds!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Rode with Heath frisby this last season in McCall for a few days and his aerocharger xM ran amazing!

B
Sep 18, 2013
we are real happy with our Boondocker turbo,easy to tune(I never touch it at an event) allows me to concentrate on suspension set-ups.Great throttle response. Hard to argue with second place,800 mod final at jackson. I love the electronic boost control(always clutched right)

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
You already know my thoughts Deaner, The TSS doo on 7lbs kicks the cats *** at 10lbs. The TSS water to air kit works awesome. You can't compare the bottom end on the 12 TSS kits to the 13's. Whatever doo did with their stock map, and whatever the micku's and Neil did with that boost it box, the combo is unreal. The water to air is the way to go if you want a sled to run as consistent as possible. Don't try and cheap out and do a "pump gas" sled, if you want HP you need better fuel,I ran Straight Av gas, it cost me 10-15$ more to ride per day and it was worth every penny.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
You already know my thoughts Deaner, The TSS doo on 7lbs kicks the cats *** at 10lbs. The TSS water to air kit works awesome. You can't compare the bottom end on the 12 TSS kits to the 13's. Whatever doo did with their stock map, and whatever the micku's and Neil did with that boost it box, the combo is unreal. The water to air is the way to go if you want a sled to run as consistent as possible. Don't try and cheap out and do a "pump gas" sled, if you want HP you need better fuel,I ran Straight Av gas, it cost me 10-15$ more to ride per day and it was worth every penny.

Can you elaborate on what your saying here? My friend has a 12' Etec and got a TSS kit early last season (before snow) we struggled with cleaning up the bottom end and wasn't very responsive. Should he be getting his sled reflashed to the 13' stock map and sending his Boost-it box back for a new map???

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
If they can do that yes for sure! It is unreal the difference. Like I said, you can not even compare the two, the response is not even close. A buddy of mine has a 12 and I know what you mean on the bottom end. The 13's are not like that. I'd call TSS and ask about the remap and if it makes all the difference.

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
TSS 12 XP

Can you elaborate on what your saying here? My friend has a 12' Etec and got a TSS kit early last season (before snow) we struggled with cleaning up the bottom end and wasn't very responsive. Should he be getting his sled reflashed to the 13' stock map and sending his Boost-it box back for a new map???

I have the same sled and set up. TSS installed my kit in February and I had my ECM reflashed with the 13 map. I personally didn't notice much difference on the bottom end. This season I built a cold air snorkel (TSS built the main pipe) and I'm going to see if that helps. I was also considering contacting Boost-it to see
What, if any parameters could be changed to help improve the bottomed end.

image.jpg

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
Frenchy did the same thing with his 2012 intake. Not sure if he got a remap, but his bottom end didn't change much either, he runs way different numbers on the boost it box compared to all the 2013 TSS sleds. What are you using for reeds?

Premium Features