• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Trailer Floor Option

R
Nov 30, 2019
Great - I'm at 4 1/2 months and no word on delivery yet of my 8.5' x 28 Legend Trailmaster. They warned me that it would take up to 6 months...
Holy Moly!! That's crazy.... I'd give Legend a call in Alma, MI (989)-227-0800 to see what's up. I've talked to these guy's before in which they have always been nice. ??

R
Nov 30, 2019
Awesome to hear, can't wait to see the finished product!!
Finally getting started after a super busy spring. I'll post some pic's once I get going. I have a question for you;
Did you leave any kind of a gap on the sides of your Ribtrax? I really don't want to but, I'm concerned about expansion when outside temp's are high. I plan on using the Swisstrax Treadware along my ramp openings which will be screwed through the Ribtrax. Leaving a gap in my mind would be useless due to having the Ribtrax ramp area's screwed down. Have you noticed any expanision/contraction with yours? I would appreciate your thought and/or experience on this. Thanks, Ray ?

S
Feb 22, 2013
Ray, I can't help with your questions but looking forward to progress photos. My 8.5' x 28' Legend Trail master finally arrived last week after a 9 month wait! Going with the Ribtracks on the deck and Caliber on the ramps.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My DeckTred does seem to expand in the summer heat some, but not nearly as much as the Caliber grip glides on the door. It's pretty tight side to side in places and the sides are screwed down for 8' between the fender wells. I just made sure to stretch it out good lengthwise on the install. That seems to have been good enough not to get any spots trying to heave up in the heat.

S
Oct 26, 2021
1Abcdefg
New member first time poster. Just picked up a new 29' inline. I Insulated the walls and next I am on to the ceiling. I was really struggling with what to do with the floor. In the summer we plan to use the trailer as a race trailer for my daughter's dirt track spring race cars. With that said - i need a floor that was durable and could withstand the abuse a sled will throw at it and also a floor that I can clean the dirt track dirt from. I think these tiles are the perfect solution! Not sure which company I am going with yet. I have reached out to all of them. It's getting late in the year and, seeing as the trailer is brand new, I want to get the flor protected before I put a vehicle in it. The DeckTred is backordered 4-6 weeks regardless of color so that may not be an option. This post was a huge help so thanks to all that contributed!!

Premium Features