• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo kit are there any differences from a 2016- current? Also tuning options

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
So i found a silber turbo kit semi local, and i was thinking about picking it up. From what i understand its a 2016/17 kit with the mountain muffler(which if i do pick up i might trade off for a quiet), the owner says it has about 200 miles on it(which i have no way to verify), and hes keeping the ecu(my sled is a 19). Are there any improvements in the silber kit from then till now?

Now for tuning options, obviously i could pay to have my ecu reflashed to silber spec, but is there a better tune to have done for the same amount of money? Or just a better option? Sled will pull double duty at 1kft and at 6500+ with av gas down low

Sorry for not posting in the turbo section, its the off season for many and i figured it was more active in here.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Also i wasnt sure i was gonna ask or not but changed my mind, and apparently you cant edit a post after 15 minutes. This person is asking 2k obo for the turbo setup, i was thinking about making the offer of 1500 bucks, as its an older kit. Is this offer out of line? I read the sticky in the turbo section, but the topic seemed up for debate. I figured it made more sense to buy the used turbo kit, and buy clutching vs spending more on a new kit, then buying clutching still.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Also i wasnt sure i was gonna ask or not but changed my mind, and apparently you cant edit a post after 15 minutes. This person is asking 2k obo for the turbo setup, i was thinking about making the offer of 1500 bucks, as its an older kit. Is this offer out of line? I read the sticky in the turbo section, but the topic seemed up for debate. I figured it made more sense to buy the used turbo kit, and buy clutching vs spending more on a new kit, then buying clutching still.

the only differences are stainless oil and coolant lines to the turbo.
I have an early kit that works great.

silber’s flash for the 18-20 800ho is very clean.

Indyspecialty or TRS clutching and you are good to go.

$1500 is fair.

buy the quiet silber muffler through a local silber dealer for a better deal.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
the only differences are stainless oil and coolant lines to the turbo.
I have an early kit that works great.

silber’s flash for the 18-20 800ho is very clean.

Indyspecialty or TRS clutching and you are good to go.

$1500 is fair.

buy the quiet silber muffler through a local silber dealer for a better deal.
Do they have ss lines now? Or did they change from ss lines, to the rubber hoses they use now? Yeah ill figure out the whole muffler situation, and good to know that the tuning for silber is a good to go. Will be nice to find a place to have it flashed locally if i can.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Do they have ss lines now? Or did they change from ss lines, to the rubber hoses they use now? Yeah ill figure out the whole muffler situation, and good to know that the tuning for silber is a good to go. Will be nice to find a place to have it flashed locally if i can.

I guess my kit is a fall 2015 kit on a snowcheck 2016 sled. Rubber hoses.
carbon fiber intake adapter

my brothers 2018 kit on a snowcheck 2018 sled. has SS lines close to the turbo. Plastic intake adapter.

my buddies 2019 kit on an in season 2016 sled. has same as above.

they all run sweet with ID clutching from sea level (100% avgas) to 6k (50/50 avgas - 90 octane non eth)

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
I guess my kit is a fall 2015 kit on a snowcheck 2016 sled. Rubber hoses.
carbon fiber intake adapter

my brothers 2018 kit on a snowcheck 2018 sled. has SS lines close to the turbo. Plastic intake adapter.

my buddies 2019 kit on an in season 2016 sled. has same as above.

they all run sweet with ID clutching from sea level (100% avgas) to 6k (50/50 avgas - 90 octane non eth)
I sent him a message on his clutching, curious to see if he has a one size fits most clutching for someone like me who rides from 1k, all the way up to 11000. Which is a huge spread, but if theres something that gets close im cool with it.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Well bought and installed the kit, just waiting for a few odds and ends parts from the seller. I forgot some parts and so did he, good guy and getting the stuff im short. So now i gotta send the ecu out to get it flashed and pick out what clutching im running.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Well bought and installed the kit, just waiting for a few odds and ends parts from the seller. I forgot some parts and so did he, good guy and getting the stuff im short. So now i gotta send the ecu out to get it flashed and pick out what clutching im running.
Mind if I ask what you ended up paying for a reflash and for the quiet muffler?

Premium Features