• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Trailer Floor Option

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
I had the grip glides on my open trailer for ~5 years with hardly any wear on them at all. I think Caliber still has a picture of my trailer on their website with the grip glides, trax mats and bedlined decking
I now have them covering the ramp on my enclosed trailer for the past two years and they still look pretty much new.

R
Nov 30, 2019
I had the grip glides on my open trailer for ~5 years with hardly any wear on them at all. I think Caliber still has a picture of my trailer on their website with the grip glides, trax mats and bedlined decking
I now have them covering the ramp on my enclosed trailer for the past two years and they still look pretty much new.
That's awesome! Appreciate hearing your experience on these. I'll take a look at Caliber's site. Thanks! ??

R
Nov 30, 2019
How do these "open" tiles work on the floor when you track in small particles like sand in late spring riding conditions?
You have severasl options using a shop vac, leaf blower and/or water.
1) You can vacuum and/or blow debris through the top of you tiles.
2) If really bad, you can easily remove one and/or remove the tiles in sections.
3) Since these tiles are channeled, you could hose it down from front to rear. If to bad hose down after following the #2 option above.
Keep in mind, these are floating floors therefore all in all.... not bad maintenance. ?

R
Nov 30, 2019
Sweet!! Looks really nice..... Great job on the L track install layout. Can't wait to get started on mine...... I need that T handle tool...... LOL! Thanks for sharing your progress. and have an awesome Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! Ray ???

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
How do these "open" tiles work on the floor when you track in small particles like sand in late spring riding conditions?

The other thing you can do is unsnap one or both sides and basically pull the remaining tiles completely out in one or two chunks like a big rug.

R
Nov 30, 2019
The other thing you can do is unsnap one or both sides and basically pull the remaining tiles completely out in one or two chunks like a big rug.
Great point! I'll probably do that at least once a year for a good thorough cleaning. I have a couple questions for you if i may, in regards to your ATP transition plates..... Are they keeping their shape without flattening where the plate is bent along the length? Also, do you mind telling where you got these? Looks like the hinge is well protected from getting hit. Thanks buddy. ?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Great point! I'll probably do that at least once a year for a good thorough cleaning. I have a couple questions for you if i may, in regards to your ATP transition plates..... Are they keeping their shape without flattening where the plate is bent along the length? Also, do you mind telling where you got these? Looks like the hinge is well protected from getting hit. Thanks buddy. ?

No problem,

The transitions plates are holding their shape and I have had no issues what so ever. Now......where did I get them......I ordered them online but I seriously cannot remember where that was from??????

R
Nov 30, 2019
No problem,

The transitions plates are holding their shape and I have had no issues what so ever. Now......where did I get them......I ordered them online but I seriously cannot remember where that was from??????
Thanks you..... I'll do some searching around, I'm sure I'll come across them somewhere. Not sure if I mentioned it to you but, I removed my studs a few weeks back which went well with the exception of three. I ended up grinding off the nuts on those three which didn't take long at all. Installed them when the sled was new, hopefully I won't miss them too bad. I have all my Caliber LowPro Grip Glides and rubber for both ramps and of course my RibTrax. I'm currently looking at the Caliber Sled Wheels which have been updated to black. They appear to be good, just not sure if they're heavy duty enough for my two turbo sleds...... Only other issue might be me lifting the ski's high enough for placement..... LOL. Thanks again, you've been awesome helping me out through this process. Ray ???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks you..... I'll do some searching around, I'm sure I'll come across them somewhere. Not sure if I mentioned it to you but, I removed my studs a few weeks back which went well with the exception of three. I ended up grinding off the nuts on those three which didn't take long at all. Installed them when the sled was new, hopefully I won't miss them too bad. I have all my Caliber LowPro Grip Glides and rubber for both ramps and of course my RibTrax. I'm currently looking at the Caliber Sled Wheels which have been updated to black. They appear to be good, just not sure if they're heavy duty enough for my two turbo sleds...... Only other issue might be me lifting the ski's high enough for placement..... LOL. Thanks again, you've been awesome helping me out through this process. Ray ???

You talking about these,

If so, I have a set and they work great!!! Probably the best wheels I have used to date. I have had the old standard metal ones with the caster wheels as well as the bigger ones with the cables and these Caliber ones have been the best!

R
Nov 30, 2019
Thanks..... for the link. That's great to hear. The skis on my two sleds only have a 1" difference in width at the spindle therefore, the Calibers should work without re-adjusting everytime. Both sleds measure within 1/2" of each other from the spindle and the ski tips.
Sounds like you have the same wheel dolly's I have (link below). They have worked good over the years on my two up T660 turbo but, a real P.I.A. to put in place. I lift the ski as high as I can and then have to kick them 3 to 4 times to get them in place.
I only use them about 1/3rd of the time due to that. How well do the Caliber's go into place? Thanks again for all of your help!! Ray ???

Sure Grips

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks..... for the link. That's great to hear. The skis on my two sleds only have a 1" difference in width at the spindle therefore, the Calibers should work without re-adjusting everytime. Both sleds measure within 1/2" of each other from the spindle and the ski tips.
Sounds like you have the same wheel dolly's I have (link below). They have worked good over the years on my two up T660 turbo but, a real P.I.A. to put in place. I lift the ski as high as I can and then have to kick them 3 to 4 times to get them in place.
I only use them about 1/3rd of the time due to that. How well do the Caliber's go into place? Thanks again for all of your help!! Ray ???

Sure Grips

Yup, the Sure Grips is what I have also. They work okay but the Caliber ones work great, plus they are SIMPLE to put on the ski!! In fact I had the wife come out to the garage once and had her do it. Her response after using the Caliber wheels.............why did you buy these years ago. LOL

R
Nov 30, 2019
Yup, the Sure Grips is what I have also. They work okay but the Caliber ones work great, plus they are SIMPLE to put on the ski!! In fact I had the wife come out to the garage once and had her do it. Her response after using the Caliber wheels.............why did you buy these years ago. LOL
That's too funny!! Your sleds must be two strokes..... right?

R
Nov 30, 2019
Yup, I'm not man enough to venture into the four stroke world!! LOL
Oh my goodness..... LOL! Well.... that make two of us but, you're the smart one here.... I have two of them. I can tell you this, my Sno-Bungee is awesome. It has saved me and others a few times.
I believe I'll go for the Caliber Ski Wheels, I just hope I don't have to kick those into place. Thanks again, I definitely appreciate your input. ???

Premium Features