• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elite Mountain Riding, Revelstoke BC Canada

Hey New Friends. I came first to Revelstoke (Reve) BC. The mountian Sled Capital of the world. We have now an 19 foot snow pact, 3 feet fresh above 4500 feet, where the good riding begins. I learned to ride in the east, and what an education I got when I arrived. I have ridden with only locals, and its like being tossed into the deep end of the pool with no life preserver. In Vermont I did my research and modified a Renegade Backcountry, and it just get more modified as the days goes on. WE got 3 feet of fresh Pow (powder) last night.

On this years run, I first got my legs into shape for counter steering and advanced tree riding, (not trails her folks). One thing that was first apparent to me is how A-Arms are a perpendicular appendage that is 90 degrees to snow flow. We call them "Sleds for a reason" yet the forward half of a sled minus the skis have so many things that add drag in powder. So before I headed out west for mid-season deep season 6 foot powder, I did some research and found Chris Richelou at C&T Powersports in New Hampshire, USA. He has invented a 1/8 aluminum A-Arm protecor. Let me tell you the A-Arm protection is just the first benefit of this product. Have any of you ridden deep powder? Where counter steering and advanced side hilling technique is the only way to manuever moment by moment? You steer with your track, not your skis! in my testing here is my evaluation: This product costing only $100 USD, comes powder coated to match your sled. First, there is a 2.5" lip that causes snow to be forced UNDER your A arms, reducing drag and causing an dramatic foot print increase that makes your A-Arms act in conjunction with your skis. MAJOR BENEFIT; then the A-arm protectors I call"floaters" pact the snow perfectly at the same level as the lower cowl where your exaust comes out. Now think,,, pro sledder style" what is the added benefit of that........ it raises your front end with forward motion and compacts the snow, drag free, and depresses powder under your foot boards. Yup its the holy grail! Used in conjunction with a full body skid plate. Yet the OEM Ski Doo Skid Plate is a benefit not needed to enjoy the benefirt of the C&T A-Arm Floaters.

Crash Test Dummy: I lost my line on a 40 degree slope in 16 feet of snow on Frisby Ridge in Revelstoke BC. I fell off due to my own stupidity, and my $24,000 sled ghost rode (without me) and crashed full on into a tree well into a mountain spruce. My right A-Armt took the beating, the C&T floaters sucked up the impact like a natural ocean sponge. The darn A-Arm had not even scratch, it drank up the impact by bending a whole 1/4 "REALLY?" yup, no kidding..

I am personal frends with two extremely extremely talented pro mountain riders, Mark Shade, Shane Mckinnanane and Kurtis Broza. They are all extreme mountain guides. And they are all now testing the C&T A Arm floater. These guys have no time for gimmics or garbage. And they are aleady impressed! They are trusting their $15,ooo mountain sleds to this product to prevent a $500 heli-lift out of the deep Columbia mountains.

In addition for under $100, we are testiong a C&T product from a sharp easten boy, who accidetlluy made most high tech A-arm product ever designed. it keeps mu sled unstuck, protetets m A-Arms by absssorbing impact, inceaseses powder floatatoion by 20%, and drinks up direct tee impact,, I hate to be rude, if you dont have these mounted on any XP model of XP Ski Doo...your at a serious disadavantage. a repair kit of any XP is a minumum of $400, verus a $400 BRB BRP, OEM $63O S-36 retro repair.

Oh ya, they dont hold snow and impair steering!!!!!!!!!!!!! you make the choice, buy a $100 kit of C&T Powersports A-Arm Mountain Floaters or loose big. We are now testing these on two XP Rental companies, and I dont expect any less performance.

Aaront T. York
Sled REe

Premium Features