• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do these wires go to??

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
A solid black wire and a black w/ blue stripe were hanging down from the top of the underside of the hood. When I opened the side panel, I saw them hanging down. Looks like they are supposed to go to the key switch?? This is on a 14 Pro holdover.

Any idea if these have to be plugged in? What are they for?

20141122_131246.jpg 20141122_132756.jpg

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
A solid black wire and a black w/ blue stripe were hanging down from the top of the underside of the hood. When I opened the side panel, I saw them hanging down. Looks like they are supposed to go to the key switch?? This is on a 14 Pro holdover.

Any idea if these have to be plugged in? What are they for?

I believe those are for the electric start function on the key switch.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree with CDK...

The only wires in the hood harness that are Black with Dark-Blue-stripe (BK/DB) are to the Key-switch in the connector position "P1". The solid Black is for the Key switch as well and is the only solid black wire in the harness

Not sure why the dealer would have pulled it out of the harness and the plug??
IMO, worth a call to the service manager at the dealership you bought it from to find out why.

Pull the connector off the back of the key switch... and snap these back in place in the "P1" & "P4" positions.

attachment.php

Ign switch.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
... This is on a 14 Pro holdover....

Heck... Looking at your photo... I dont see the connector on the end of the wires that plugs into the key switch on the hood.

Do you have a key switch mounted in the sled?
Do you have a Polaris Dash bag mounted?

Looks like the connector end for the key switch on the hood-harness has been cut off and the ends taped back... with the BK/DB & BK wires left hanging out!

IMO...Go back to the dealer and have them provide you with a NEW hood harness if this is the case.

attachment.php

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
It also looks as if the main wiring connector has been cut off and taped. What the heck happened here?

Heck... Looking at your photo... I dont see the connector on the end of the wires that plugs into the key switch on the hood.

Do you have a key switch mounted in the sled?
Do you have a Polaris Dash bag mounted?

Looks like the connector end for the key switch on the hood-harness has been cut off and the ends taped back... with the BK/DB & BK wires left hanging out!

IMO...Go back to the dealer and have them provide you with a NEW hood harness if this is the case.

attachment.php

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yeah- someone has been messing in there for some reason-
I pulled mine when I saw this and ya your missing a plug end as MH explained- / I just put an ES on 4 sleds this weekend and if what you have is a NEW leftover- someone has been in there for some reason.

I would want a new hood harness.
S/C

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks guys...I will look into this more. I appreciate the responses.

Premium Features