• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Trail Touring: good on stand, bad on snow

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Thanks! This seems like really great advice, I will make sure I do all these things.
I should clarify. The failure to install as described in my previous paragraph, is what leads to problems. For instance, the correct installation is with the arrow on the pistons pointing towards the front of the sled, also known as the direction of travel of the sled.

J
Jan 6, 2023
Yellowknife
This wound up being concluded. The issue was that the machine was only running on one cylinder because the fuel line routing in place was really, really wrong. I just didn't have the experience at the time to see it.
Like, one line was going directly to a carburetor and one was going to the fuel pump and off the fuel pump the two outputs were going directly to a fuel shutoff valve.

Could I have seen that sooner? Sure, I guess. But it was crazy that it was so messed up so it took me a while to analyze that piece of the problem.

Premium Features