• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Bog , new secondary?

S

sbosmt

Oct 14, 2008
Bozeman, Montana
2010 m8, sent secondary off to bdx to for a new bushing and also had shift assist and one of their helix installed. First ride out and i now have a random bog, suspecting its the secondary. noticed belt seemed loose and I look between sheaves and there is an 1/8 gap or less, am i right in thinking there should be no gap? is the new bushing not allowing it to shift correctly or maybe something else.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
2010 m8, sent secondary off to bdx to for a new bushing and also had shift assist and one of their helix installed. First ride out and i now have a random bog, suspecting its the secondary. noticed belt seemed loose and I look between sheaves and there is an 1/8 gap or less, am i right in thinking there should be no gap? is the new bushing not allowing it to shift correctly or maybe something else.

Upload a pic of how your belt is sitting on the secondary.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
A gap will show dependant on belt deflection. If the belt is too loose adjust belt delection with the shims or deflection nut if you have one. If it does not adjust with those then you might have a problem.

Premium Features