• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

K
Mar 2, 2011
Anybody who's ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle can ride any snowmobile on edge. It ain't rocket science. But if you think you can still ride an old Edge chassis on edge as easily as you can an Axys, well then all I can say is wow! Your technique must be amazing! What I said was annoying was that THIS sled does not roll up on edge as good as I think it should and IT IS ANNOYING. I never said I couldn't do it I said it was annoying and I expected more. I have now backed the rts off 3/8" and added 1/4" to fts preload. And that's a bunch in my book. It still requires more effort than my old Axys. I will keep messing with the shocks but I can't see this as the complete solution. Backing the retaining ring completely off on the rts still does not take all the preload out of the spring which I find interesting. I've never seen a shock that had preload on the spring even before tightening the retaining ring. Makes me wonder if it has the wrong spring on it from the factory. The way things have been so screwed up lately I wouldn't rule it out.
btw have you check your ski stance.? My frend strugling with same problem last season. End of the season he notice that the skis was in wide position.?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Anybody who's ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle can ride any snowmobile on edge. It ain't rocket science. But if you think you can still ride an old Edge chassis on edge as easily as you can an Axys, well then all I can say is wow! Your technique must be amazing! What I said was annoying was that THIS sled does not roll up on edge as good as I think it should and IT IS ANNOYING. I never said I couldn't do it I said it was annoying and I expected more. I have now backed the rts off 3/8" and added 1/4" to fts preload. And that's a bunch in my book. It still requires more effort than my old Axys. I will keep messing with the shocks but I can't see this as the complete solution. Backing the retaining ring completely off on the rts still does not take all the preload out of the spring which I find interesting. I've never seen a shock that had preload on the spring even before tightening the retaining ring. Makes me wonder if it has the wrong spring on it from the factory. The way things have been so screwed up lately I wouldn't rule it out.
With the cockpit moved forward, I have found if you move back a foot length it helps.

Premium Features