• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow bike Ramp

bubbacorn

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has come up with a decent do it yourself ramp?

It seems loading is the hardest part of my day!

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
This has been working great all year, it's the easiest and cheapest setup Ive seen out of evryones ideas..

Ramp is a trifold with one side removed, I would use a 8 footer next time though, get a sheet of light gauge aluminium cut to fill in under the ski runner material, get some ski runners and cut notches across it about 1/4" deep every 2 inches with a dato blade on a table saw . You only need one runner with the new skis, I built this when I had a 4 runner snow hawk ski. The ski will slide up the runner and the track grips it really well. I had to add a piece of 2" angle on the outside of the ramp for the dolly wheels.

Dolly is 2 16" pieces of aluminum 4" or 5" channel, 5/8 all tread for axles and 4 wheelbarrow tires...pretty simple. I used 10" wheels, but I would do 8" ones next time that are solid...not pneumatic and narrower, these have a lot of drag on the shop floor...but the do work good in the snow and gravel and whatnot.

Last edited:
Premium Features