• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Floor - How is yours holding up?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Doing some end of season maintenance on my 2007 enclosed trailer. Vinyl coating on the upper wall and ceiling panels has come off, some with help, so I am painting that much.
The 2-part epoxy floor I put down when new has held up pretty decent, but at the rear break over to the ramp and the areas under the skis is showing wear.
Anyone else seeing excess wear and any thoughts on solutions for continued long term uses?

IMGP1775.JPG IMG_1731.jpg

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I actually put another coat of epoxy down since it was clean and ready. As my luck would have it, I didn't have the proper roller that was recommended, but it worked out for the better. The 3/8" nap roller created little "white cap" peaks in the epoxy that for this application works awesome as they cured with that texture for traction. If I wanted a smooth finish I'd be less than excited. Should run me for several more years now. I had also cleaned up my floor tie down points and used some cold zinc treatment on them so they don't look like death now.

IMG_1877.jpg IMG_1878.jpg

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Your textured floor is exactly the same outcome I got 10+ years ago when I did my race trailer with a high nap roller with epoxy paint.

Premium Features