• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

one track to rule them all!!

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
So to bring you guys up to speed a friend of mine purchased an axys 155 last year then we slabbed bd turbo switch into it.. it will be getting drivers, anti stab kit and potentially rail braces.. now What I want to kno wis your suggestions on tracks!!
He ideally wants a deep day 3" track! I being a Cat guy said do a powder claw 3" but he wants to be able to use the stock pitch size so he can swap his old one back on.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Being a cat guy, you know it's called a power claw right? ;)

But yes, I agree that would be the ideal track. I love it on my pro rmk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So to bring you guys up to speed a friend of mine purchased an axys 155 last year then we slabbed bd turbo switch into it.. it will be getting drivers, anti stab kit and potentially rail braces.. now What I want to kno wis your suggestions on tracks!!
He ideally wants a deep day 3" track! I being a Cat guy said do a powder claw 3" but he wants to be able to use the stock pitch size so he can swap his old one back on.

The only 3” tracks available are 3” pitch.

The poo 2.6 track is the largest lug available in 2.86 pitch.

Really no other information you need.

Best deep day track is an x3.2 for float and propulsion. (156x15x3.2 in 3” pitch)
He could sell the stock track and get a 3” pitch 156x2.5 camo extreme for harder snow conditions?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

So-- Belt drive or Chain case??

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I thought it was a catchy title lol I have not rode a conquor 2.8 but have tried the 3.2 and its over kill. Its on a belt drive model btw. I have had great luck with my 2.6 pc on my kitty. only lost one lug from having it wot against a tree for 10 seconds!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I have run all three lug heights of PC and the 3" works the best, even on the flatlands :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I had a great comparison last year in Revy, neighbours gf got her sled stuck in a spot I shouldn't have brought them into so I had to ride the axys 155 2.6 out and hike down and grab my sled. Had a gnarly line to get back out side by side. The axys 2.6 would grip well propelling snow out while maintaining rigidity until there was a difference in snow (hard snow layer) where the paddles would start to trench or fold I had to divert and cut a side hill to make the rest of the line. I felt my cat shoveled more and I made it up the whole line np but that could be a hp/tq factor. I felt as if you threw a pc 2.6/3'' with drivers on an axys it would give it that extra bite in harder snow pack with enough gear reduction to keep that engine torquing.
Stock of course

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I thought it was a catchy title lol I have not rode a conquor 2.8 but have tried the 3.2 and its over kill. Its on a belt drive model btw. I have had great luck with my 2.6 pc on my kitty. only lost one lug from having it wot against a tree for 10 seconds!

Define overkill. ?

As in “it works too well?”

Or “too much climbing ability?”

The 3” pc does pretty good but definitely trenches more than the X3.2.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
you get that trail compromise and poor spring snow capability. I tried it on a axys 163 mtn tk turbo lol you could go where ever your heart desired though. I just didnt know what other options were even out there.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
you get that trail compromise and poor spring snow capability. I tried it on a axys 163 mtn tk turbo lol you could go where ever your heart desired though. I just didnt know what other options were even out there.

Gotcha.

Spring snow = snowbike.

Trail = you need a new place to ride.

But one track for everything i’m Going to pick the track that works best on the best days.
(Deep)

Premium Features