• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone put a 155 x 2.75 series 8 track (3.5 pitch) on in place of a 155 x 3" series 7 track (3.0 pitch)

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Got a buddy that's doing the swap right now. He is using the powderfreaks 6 tooth 3.5 pitch extrovert drivers in place of the factory 7 tooth 3.0 pitch factory drivers. These drivers should be the same size (21" circumference) He got the track installed but it is fiddle string tight and the rear axle is as far forward as possible so no way to loosen it off. The back end of the rails are only about 3/16" from having the track clips catch them as the track goes around the rear axle wheels. Has anyone else done this swap successfully? I'm thinking the actual length of the 155 x 3" track is 156" and the actual length of the 155 x 2.75" track is 154 ". Why else would this track be so tight?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Really the only good option is new rails or run it the way it is, if it’s not too tight. Ive run into this problem in track swaps.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Got a buddy that's doing the swap right now. He is using the powderfreaks 6 tooth 3.5 pitch extrovert drivers in place of the factory 7 tooth 3.0 pitch factory drivers. These drivers should be the same size (21" circumference) He got the track installed but it is fiddle string tight and the rear axle is as far forward as possible so no way to loosen it off. The back end of the rails are only about 3/16" from having the track clips catch them as the track goes around the rear axle wheels. Has anyone else done this swap successfully? I'm thinking the actual length of the 155 x 3" track is 156" and the actual length of the 155 x 2.75" track is 154 ". Why else would this track be so tight?
Polaris makes 2 different rail sizes.

So yeah either cut a little material out of the front of the slot and back of the rail or just ride it.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Polaris makes 2 different rail sizes.

So yeah either cut a little material out of the front of the slot and back of the rail or just ride it.
He found a Polaris 155 x 3" 3.0 pitch track so he's going back to that. If anyone is interested in a used 155 x 2.75 series 8 track and a set of 6 tooth 3.5 pitch drivers let me know and I'll shoot you his number.

Premium Features