• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track options

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just put a down payment on a 2022 axys 155 with the new 2.75 track

I'm going to be taking that off, putting a longer setup on and the track I wanted (2.7 3" pitch camo) doesn't appear to be available any more. I'm changing the track primarily to get a longer track to match the tunnel better, for durability and to use extroverts so I don't have to keep the absurd track tension.

The 3" powerclaws are still the best in the biz in my opinion but they've given me lots of cooling issues in the morning and I honestly think the poo sleds do ride better with a more flotation oriented track (vs the powerclaw dig and grab approach)

So between the conquers and the camos or camo extremes, which is going to be a good way to go. I love the camos but have heard everything from "gr8test evar!! to worst trencher evar" regarding the conquers. Since they're basically a powerclaw ripoff I like the concept of them. Leaning towards the 3" camo extreme at the moment

thoughts?
(not buying an epic)

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Stick with the 3.5” pitch, going to a 3” pitch is a step backwards. If I was you I would be putting a 3”, 3.5” pitch doo track on.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
not too excited about 6t drivers

3.5" pitch makes sense with something like a powerclaw, not so much with a more evenly distributed lug pattern like a camo IMO

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
There is nothing wrong with the 6T drivers, works for doo, and the drivers are updated on the Polaris this year. Fully clip the track to get more bite on the drivers.
The difference between a 3.0 pitch powerclaw and the 3.5” pitch powerclaw is substantial, I wish cat would make all of their sleds 3.5” pitch.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I guess the diameter is the same

looks like the only option for those are the skidoo branded ones?

does a 16 incher even fit in the tunnel?

we can debate what 'works' on a trenchmaster doo later ;)

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I guess the diameter is the same

looks like the only option for those are the skidoo branded ones?

does a 16 incher even fit in the tunnel?

we can debate what 'works' on a trenchmaster doo later ;)

The drivers are the same diameter, but My theory is the amount of teeth that are actually engaged with the track window when you look at a 6T sprocket on a track with every other window clipped. Having a fully clipped track gives more bite on the tooth which allows the track to be run looser.
Guys are cutting the 16w doo track to 15w to fit the Polaris.
I have a doo track (camso)cut to 15w, it’s also fully clipped.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
sounds like work

what are you using to cut? are you getting past that flex edge mess?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
sounds like work

what are you using to cut? are you getting past that flex edge mess?

That’s what I’m trying to do, I cut most off the flex edge off. I hired a guy that had a slick setup for cutting tracks square on a table saw.
Some guys use a 2x4 clamped and trim the track with a skil saw.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've got a bandsaw I guess I could use

the paddles on the doo tracks seem stiffer so i can see where a bigger 3.5" gap makes sense on those.......I'm just not sure that's worth doing over a 3" pitch camo x3 without riding them both on the same sled. They do seem to work well on the doos but those sleds just function completely differently.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I've got a bandsaw I guess I could use

the paddles on the doo tracks seem stiffer so i can see where a bigger 3.5" gap makes sense on those.......I'm just not sure that's worth doing over a 3" pitch camo x3 without riding them both on the same sled. They do seem to work well on the doos but those sleds just function completely differently.

I have ridden a axys with that doo track mod. I also rode a axys with a alpha skid and powerclaw 3.5” mod. 3.5” pitch is the way to go.
The increase in traction is impressive.

I would not be afraid to use your current 2.75”, maybe consider fully clipping it, so you can run it looser. I am anxious to see how the 2.75” works on the boost with the new drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'm sticking a longer track on it so the stock one is coming off regardless

that's my much cleaner version of tunnel chopping to get rid of a tunnel that hangs a foot behind the track

and I despise the track tension polaris setups require just to keep from racheting

I mostly just wanted to hear about long term conquer performance once they soften up a bit.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The doo track is the best track I have used or seen on a polaris. I ran one last year and I will have it on my boost this season. I also ride in deep heavy coastal snow, so that stiff lug just bits instead of folding. To cut it just use a olfa knife, they cut the track like butter.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
The doo track is the best track I have used or seen on a polaris. I ran one last year and I will have it on my boost this season. I also ride in deep heavy coastal snow, so that stiff lug just bits instead of folding. To cut it just use a olfa knife, they cut the track like butter.

What width did you cut your to?? I ended up with 15 1/4 and avoided trimming the lugs. I wondered if that width would fit a Polaris.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Took 3/8" off both sides, makes it 15"

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You guys should post some pics of your cuts

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
05efd4013b69bfa098bf7e5435e9e35b.jpg

I don’t t get home till Wednesday, This is the only pic I have at the moment.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Beside the lug, very bottom of it there is a thick part that needs to be cut off. It's nothing that damages it at all.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Beside the lug, very bottom of it there is a thick part that needs to be cut off. It's nothing that damages it at all.

Humm, did you cut yours like mine??? mine is not cut into the lug, the fat it just trimmed off the end.
I may have to remeasure mine, I thought it was 15 1/4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features