• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

max hp for MCX rx1, ( under 320 HP)

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Hello all!

Well i did it!! finely bought a rear mount MCX RX1 MOD!( yeah i know its carbed but i thought i would just try it out and see what its like) and i will probable get my a$$ed kicked by the nytros but i dont care)So im so excited to get my leg over it now!!!!
But my question was, its running at 12 pounds at 260-265HP on pump, and what im wondering is what i would have to run ( fuel wise) to be at 280hp-290 HP?? and at would boost?
OK dose anyone have a formula for getting hp to boost??

thx every one..... and i cant wait to hit the hills with some of yeah this winter!!!!!

Cheers

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I only answering your q, not putting any thoughts about your real hp you got, and how vice it is to stress your system to that level, turbocharger a.s.o.
According to math an 143hp engine with 12lbs of boost have ~ (143*(14,7+12))/14,7 = 259,7hp, if the turbo system has zero losses.
If you want to have 30 more hp in the same engine you need to add 290*14,7/143-14,7 = 15,1lbs of boost.
If you settle with 280hp subtract ~1lbs = ~14lbs of boost, formula verification gives 280*14,7/143-14,7 = 14,1lbs.

Octane vice you need just above 3 octane higher grade fuel, say 4 octane to be sure.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
And those are just the basic numbers assuming no inneficiencies, not taking into account charge air temps, airflow restrictions, tuning.. etc etc. Honestly, on 12# is your making 230/240 I would be happy. either way, HP doesnt matter, its a strange number.

Until you have ridden a boosted sled, you have no idea how much power it really is, I know the first time I hoped on mine and was having issues and hitting 15#.... I was shaking so bad it was hard to ride it, and that was tuned very poorly. Run the thing on 12# on pump and enjoy the crap out of it, if it has a good track, its gonna climb most anything you point it at for now, maybe mix a little race gas in it and turn it up to say 14/15 pounds if you want to scare the piss out of yourself. I know your coming of your old 740 mod, this thing is gonna be a tank and wear you out quick..also will have about 2x the power on the hill then what your used to.

I honestly takes a while to be able to use beyond 10-12# effectively in anything less then deep days. I know I coulnt barely ride mine for a while until I got used to the power and how to control it. the power levels you are talking about are way high for most folks doing anything but hill dragging. Its not really that practically rideable unless your a BIG fella.

I dont want to sound negative, just taking it out and run it what its at, you will be IMPRESSED.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pretty sure that's my rx-1 that I built up. Been wondering where it went. how many mils on it now?? what kind of price did you get it for? show some more pics, pretty sure it was mine.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=221150

really? No way? theres 2400kms, dealer told me turbo was installed by the Yamaha dealer in PG?
these are the only3 pics i have! i got her for 8000$ every thing in!
4dc822300a0a006400e28a6149978752.jpg

4dc821140a0a006400e28a61061ed2c0.jpg

4dc81f9e0a0a006400e28a61f1d2fd82.jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yup, that's it. PG yammi did the turbo install. I bought the sled with under 1000 km's on it I believe and this is what it looked like when i brought it home. then I sent it to racers edge. for what I had into the sled, 8000 is a smoking deal. Guy who bought it off me must not have ridden it very much. that's been 4 years ago I sold it to him.

trx-1.jpg trx-1side.jpg

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
lol, different sled. smokindave has that one.

Yup, that's it. PG yammi did the turbo install. I bought the sled with under 1000 km's on it I believe and this is what it looked like when i brought it home. then I sent it to racers edge. for what I had into the sled, 8000 is a smoking deal. Guy who bought it off me must not have ridden it very much. that's been 4 years ago I sold it to him.

COOL! small world hey!! ok SWEET!!, well it changed hands two times after u, i think the first guy u sold it too is the guy that works at Spectra power sports in WL, (He broke his neck two years ago mountain biking) and then i was told a guy bought it off him and then traded it back in for a bigger yamaha, and then i just bought it!! :)
looks like its been sitting there for a while, cause its good and dusty!!
well we'll have to hook up in Revy, or golden this winter and shred some steep and DEEP

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LOL, IC IC, LMAO i hope so! ;) POOR smokindave lol

Oh, Dave knew about the apex and what happened before he bought it. traded him his corvette for the sled. he's got it built and looking pretty right now.

Your going to like the rx-1. have the fixed the throttle flame on it?? i didnt' get a whole lot of seat time on it, there are guys on here who have it figured out.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Oh, Dave knew about the apex and what happened before he bought it. traded him his corvette for the sled. he's got it built and looking pretty right now.

Your going to like the rx-1. have the fixed the throttle flame on it?? i didnt' get a whole lot of seat time on it, there are guys on here who have it figured out.

LOL i was just kidding! oh yeah, well the tunnel on the rx1 is a little bent?? lol, nm, little bit of alum diamond plate and it will be better then NEW!
Throttle flame?
I CANT WAIT!!
oh one more thing Noob, Brent Veideman told me you "keep threatening to quit sledding"????? :Cry:

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LOL i was just kidding! oh yeah, well the tunnel on the rx1 is a little bent?? lol, nm, little bit of alum diamond plate and it will be better then NEW!
Throttle flame?
I CANT WAIT!!
oh one more thing Noob, Brent Veideman told me you "keep threatening to quit sledding"????? :Cry:

I sold it all at the end of 2009, and bought another sled beginning of this year. couldnt' stay out of it that long.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
thanks She was a sweet sled... STILL IS, but i liked it more when u sold it! ( when it was all black) what kinda hood is that?? thats the one thing i want the replace!! and do it all black again... Ill get pics on here as soon as i get it home and polished up..

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
thanks She was a sweet sled... STILL IS, but i liked it more when u sold it! ( when it was all black) what kinda hood is that?? thats the one thing i want the replace!! and do it all black again... Ill get pics on here as soon as i get it home and polished up..

bought the hood from pg yammi when I picked it up. it's actually not black, it was color matched to my duramax truck. charcoal mettallic or something like that.

Premium Features